Nine Inch Nails Summerfest Show

worldworld Posts: 266
edited July 2006 in Other Music
WOW, I was blown away by the NIN show sunday at Summerfest two days after the PJ/Petty show. It was my first NIN concert and it just rocked my world. They played a lot off the new cd, a lot of classics, and a few rare songs(my fiance is huge NIN fan, so she clued me in on the rare stuff).

Trent put more energy into the one show then I saw come out of Eddie at all three PJ shows I saw this tour combined. He was covered in sweat from song one. He must be drinking a lot of gatorade throughout the show or on speed. Because it was just nonstop.

Anyone else stick around Milwaukee to see this show or have seen him in the past?
Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    I was at the NIN show Saturday night at Tinley Park, IL. it kicked ass. it was the 4th time I saw them on this With Teeth tour.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • worldworld Posts: 266
    whitepants wrote:
    I was at the NIN show Saturday night at Tinley Park, IL. it kicked ass. it was the 4th time I saw them on this With Teeth tour.

Are his shows always that good?
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    world wrote:
    WOW, I was blown away by the NIN show sunday at Summerfest two days after the PJ/Petty show. It was my first NIN concert and it just rocked my world. They played a lot off the new cd, a lot of classics, and a few rare songs(my fiance is huge NIN fan, so she clued me in on the rare stuff).

Trent put more energy into the one show then I saw come out of Eddie at all three PJ shows I saw this tour combined. He was covered in sweat from song one. He must be drinking a lot of gatorade throughout the show or on speed. Because it was just nonstop.

Anyone else stick around Milwaukee to see this show or have seen him in the past?

After seeing NIN live in Saratoga a couple of weeks ago, coming home, and then hastily purchasing tickets to see them in Toronto less than a week later because I was so destroyed by Saratoga, NIN became my 2nd favorite band, tying with Springsteen. The energy level is through the roof - very very cathartic to be there and sing (er, yell) along. Did you like the LED screen thing? I thought it was very cool. I am sorry that I'll have to wait till next year (hopefully only till then) to see him again.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I saw NIN last year (for the 2nd time) and they fucking rocked. Trent even talked to the audience during the encore - he didn't do that last time.

They were even better than U2, who I saw in December.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
    I loved the LED "screen" that was in front of the stage. I was suprised how cool it was because I really didnt like Petty's TV screens, it thought that was lame. I guess Petty and Trent are on different ends of the "cool" spectrum so it makes sense. Trent said at the summerfest show that they are finishing the tour soon then are headed back to the studio. They will finish the next album then right back on tour. It seems he is making up for lost time.

Also, I heard from a lot of people that U2 is not very good live. Even though they agree with Bono a lot, they still thought it was way too political.
  • draperdraper Posts: 39
    I saw NIN this year for the first time. OMG, I was completely blown away. Trent's voice live is unbelievably strong. And the stage, all I can say, I sure wish I enjoyed a little smoke.
    One is too many and a thousand never enough
    draper wrote:
    I saw NIN this year for the first time. OMG, I was completely blown away. Trent's voice live is unbelievably strong. And the stage, all I can say, I sure wish I enjoyed a little smoke.

My exact feelings, completely blown away.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06176/700462-42.stm

You guys might like this article.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again, no matter who your favourite band is, they cannot compete with NIN on stage.

Trent and Co. go all out, every song, all of the time.
  • I saw them earlier this year in Wichita (here) and they were KICK ASS. The best concert I've been to outside of PJ. So intense....I found myself in a trance like state...just mesmerized by the intensity and the visuals they put up.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
    I have always liked PJs music better, and I will always listen to PJ 10x more then any other band. But, after that NIN show, I belive NIN is the best band ive seen in concert.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    world wrote:
    Are his shows always that good?

In a word ... yes.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    JaneNY wrote:
    After seeing NIN live in Saratoga a couple of weeks ago, coming home, and then hastily purchasing tickets to see them in Toronto less than a week later because I was so destroyed by Saratoga, NIN became my 2nd favorite band, tying with Springsteen. The energy level is through the roof - very very cathartic to be there and sing (er, yell) along. Did you like the LED screen thing? I thought it was very cool. I am sorry that I'll have to wait till next year (hopefully only till then) to see him again.
    where were you sitting for the Saratoga show? That show was simply amazing. I can't believe we got get down make love. Great way for me to end the tour.
    world wrote:
    I was in Milwaukee in March..I can't go back..my license was revoked...the veunue was incredible back in March though. And I've seen them 7 times since february...8 total for this whole tour. It should've been more.
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • Tyson1990Tyson1990 Posts: 13
    I haven't see NIN live, but they're one of the top bands I do want to see live. I have always heard that their live shows were great.
    Soy un perdedor
    I’m a loser baby, so why don’t you kill me?