The Craziest Concert Experience

ADogNamedPilateADogNamedPilate Posts: 291
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I went to How The Edge Stole Christmas on Friday night and the show was all around killer but after the concert the craziest thing happened to me.

I was with my two friends, one couldn't find their phone before the show, the other's cell phone died, and my phone was out of minutes, so we had to find someone with a phone to call up my friend Josh to pick us up.

I went outside and found 3 people smoking right in front of the place so I figured they weren't in a hurry and could lend me their cell phone for a minute. I went up to them and asked if I could borrow a phone real fast and one of the guys pulled out an iPhone and said something along the lines of you can use it as long as you don't steal it or anything (kind of jokingly). I had never used an iPhone so he showed me how to get to the call screen and all that. As I was standing right in front of him talking on the phone he walks off with a guy and presumedly his girlfriend or his other friend's girlfriend. I just figured he was saying goodbye and would come back; right then a group of people walked past me so I lost him. The guy walked off when I was standing RIGHT IN FUCKING FRONT OF HIM with HIS really EXPENSIVE PHONE.
So I waited around for about 5 minutes and the girl called his cell phone saying I had the guy's phone and made sure I was in the same spot as before and said she would be there to get it soon. Another 5 minutes later I'm about to go inside and give the phone to a worker inside because Josh was there to take us back home, and after changing a flat tire on the highway at night in the rain was ready to get the fuck outa there, when the girl calls back mumbling about something (all I hear is apple) and then says she went to the wrong place but would be there in 5 minutes.

About 5 minutes later a girl walks up to me and says "what am I supposed to do, introduce myself?". She was talking to her boyfriend, who walked ahead and I didn't get a good look at him to see if it was the guy from earlier, and she was looking in my direction so I figured she was talking to me. I asked her if she was the one who lost her phone.

She looks at me, "WO! you found a phone?! And you are giving it back? That is so nice of you. I lost my ipod and couldn't paint for 2 months. I know it might be a little crazy, right. I'm so dependent on music. I almost failed my college class because of it." ... "You [she touches my chest] are going to grow from this experience. It's such a good deed." Then the girl who was really going to get the phone showed up and said "I think that's my phone." so I handed it to her and the the second girl walked off towards her boyfriend. Josh said the second girl's boyfriend was talking to him about the show and how Modest Mouse's dual drummers (which were really cool) were like watching synchronized swimming. As we walked off I told them to take it easy.

What's the craziest thing that has happened to you at a concert?
Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Well I saw the Toadies this past Thursday, and Vaden Todd personally hooked me up with an all acess backstage pass during the hard rock cafe pre show.

Saw the Toadies for St. Patties day in 2006, and it was a brutal drunken moshfest, so believe it or not they also have my worst pit experience. I was fine once I got out of it though and could just watch the show

I though some meth head who was coming out of the Tool show was just gonna beat anyone up who came near him, that was crazy. He was definitely on something for sure or really really drunk
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I caught a G'n'R show in high school where it was general admission. the show was in Augusta, Maine. I made it about 15 feet from the stage. There was no one shining crazy moment but rather an entire crazy evening.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Some drunk guy at a Rancid concert was hittin on my girlfriend...so I knifed him in the bathroom.
    the Minions
  • Some drunk guy at a Rancid concert was hittin on my girlfriend...so I knifed him in the bathroom.
    hehehe
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    the bitch at Lolla who tried to get me arrested for assault for stepping back in front of her after she cut in front of me and stood with her hair right in my face.
  • the dentist with the n2o tank at the pearl jam red rock show back in 1995!!!!
    Let's Go Red Sox!