Bonnaroo 2007 leaked..PJ on bill

toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Listing here as well as there are "other" bands...

Sources close to the Manchester Times have recieved confirmation that The Police, Bob Dylan, and Pearl Jam have been confirmed to headline the 2007 Bonnaroo Music Festival. The lineup also includes Tom Waits, Willie Nelson, Umphrey's McGee, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, The Black Crowes, Ryan Adams, My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, Keller Williams Band, Hot Chip, America, TV on the Radio, Fountains of Wayne, Modest Mouse, Les Claypool, The Shins, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Toots and the Maytals, The Roots, The Decemberists, Of Montreal, Cat Power, Ozomatli, Perpetual Groove, Band of Horses, John Butler Trio, Nickel Creek, Medeski Martin and Wood, Lily Allen, Neko Case, Keiren Hedben (Four Tet) & Steve Reid, The Hold Steady, Earl Scuggs, Charlie Louvin, Man Man, Grizzly Bear, Konono #1, The Slip, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Uncle Earl, Annuals, Beirut, M. Ward, Cold War Kids, and Girl Talk. Superfly Productions plans to officially announce the lineup on January 31st.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    nevermind
  • Sorry!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    jesus... when might they give some lineup confirmation? my gf and i are going this year... we've been talking about it for years. if pearl jam is there... oh man that'd be awesome.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    tennessee in the summertime...i'm there :D
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Wow PJ and the Police! I could deal without Dylan but Ill still be there!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    tom waits?!
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    iamsampj wrote:
    tennessee in the summertime...i'm there :D

me too... shall we rendezvous at the freakout tent? ;)
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    Wow PJ and the Police! I could deal without Dylan but Ill still be there!
    You could deal without Dylan?

Leave this forum and never come back.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • jesus... when might they give some lineup confirmation? my gf and i are going this year... we've been talking about it for years. if pearl jam is there... oh man that'd be awesome.

should be out by the end of the month first week of february
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    You could deal without Dylan?

Leave this forum and never come back.
    my thoughts exactly
    I change by not changing at all.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    honestly, do you really believe this? where'd you find that?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Dylan, The Police, and Pearl jam on the same bill... that would be a sick show! :D, IF this is true, I will be Heading to Bonnaroo this year. I'm a huge Dylan fan, but honestly I think his live shows have seen better days, but if this is true, that is one bad ass line up.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • The headliners are good... and there are a few bands I'd see that aren't headlining... but it wasn't as huge as last year. Unsure if I'm gonna go this year... I mean, I think I'd go just for Modest Mouse. Haha, but I'm gonna need more bands before that. Hopefully the rounds they do when adding bands will be pretty good.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • red mos wrote:
    Dylan, The Police, and Pearl jam on the same bill... that would be a sick show! :D, IF this is true, I will be Heading to Bonnaroo this year. I'm a huge Dylan fan, but honestly I think his live shows have seen better days, but if this is true, that is one bad ass line up.
    well of course his live shows have seen better days, he's like 70 and has smoked 4 billion cigarettes. But he's still fucking great. I saw him in august. I don't know exactly what it was (maybe it was half that I knew the songs he was playing even if I couldn't hear his voice well) but I was blown away by his presence alone.

"It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)" was stunning.. his voice sucks now (and yes, up till about 1980 I think he had a superb voice - not by classical standards of course), but that kind of defeated cigarette ridden whine of his made this one powerful.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    good god let this be true.

i was there to witness THE mmj show at bonnaroo last year and i swore to myself that i would never again skip Bonnaroo.
  • JaneNY wrote:
    honestly, do you really believe this? where'd you find that?

haha, seriously.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Hate to say it, but I'm more jazzed about a number of bands on that list than I am the headliners...especially if Konono is going to be there.

They're African street musicians who made their own instruments out of old, broken car parts...oddly enough, their music sounds like some derivation of modern trance...yet these guys had no prior exposure to the outside world up until a couple of years ago.
  • Every year we hear this same rumor and every year it's false. Pearl Jam has clearly disassociated themselves from this festival in the past. Most probably due to it's image of being a "hippie music" or "jam band" music festival.

Don't get me wrong, with that proposed lineup... there is a mild move away from that image, but we shall see. PJ turns it down every year, I'm sure this year won't be different.

However, if it is true, I will be kicking and screaming through the potheads, tie die shirts and hemp necklaces to see the best band of all time, Pearl Jam.
    Calm down... it's a joke people.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Doesn't jive with the date in Poland in June.

Official Bonnaroo announcement in a week or so.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020