iTunes: Can I change the order of tracks... ?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited March 2008 in Other Music
My itunes has put one of my albums in the wrong order. Can I switch the tracks around? It won't let me drag and drop. It's on a mac.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    I dont use a Mac. Try right clicking the track and go to get info. You can edit the information from there.
  • Nevermind wrote:
    I dont use a Mac. Try right clicking the track and go to get info. You can edit the information from there.

I can change the names of the tracks that way, but it's the songs which are the wrong way round. If I do that I'll just have all the songs with the wrong names.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Right click then click get info. A menu should come up then click the info tab. From there you should be able to edit the song information.
  • I also use mac....I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but I think you can create a new playlist, add the songs and then rearrange them if necessary
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Um, have you tried just changing the track numbers? That should work.
    I discovered the secret of life, but forgot to write it down.
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    click on the "Album" column until the tracks are back to the correct order
  • corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    EBowie wrote:
    click on the "Album" column until the tracks are back to the correct order
    +1

Sorting how the rows display by clicking the various column headings by accident can be very disconcerting ... :eek:

Check it out.