Sigur Ros's 'Heima'!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Wow. Just wow.

I don't think I've ever seen anything more beautiful committed to film. I got home, turned it up loud, and from the very first second I had goosebumps.

Just amazing.

Sigur Ros have revolutionised the music film.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    is it concert footage? or a conceptual thing?
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • When is this released in America? I'm thinking about going to pick up the double disc EP today, is it good?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    is it out already?
  • I'm thinking about going to pick up the double disc EP today, is it good?

Its incredible, the most emotional music I have ever heard.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Its incredible, the most emotional music I have ever heard.

Just got it (EP), and loving it.
  • Just got it (EP), and loving it.

The first two tracks on the first disc are just sublime.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • When is this released in America? I'm thinking about going to pick up the double disc EP today, is it good?

The EP is superb.

The dvd is out of this world.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Regular DVDs been pushed back here in the States till the 4th... but the Special Edition is still coming out about the same time... sucks!

However... according to their website, the guys are heading to the studio next week to record their 5th lp... SO FUCKING RIGHT!!! I love to see what they have to come up with now.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I caught it at the AFI Fest... you're right... it was pretty amazing.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Regular DVDs been pushed back here in the States till the 4th... but the Special Edition is still coming out about the same time... sucks!

However... according to their website, the guys are heading to the studio next week to record their 5th lp... SO FUCKING RIGHT!!! I love to see what they have to come up with now.

what's the difference between the regular and special edition?
  • Special Edition comes with a 116 page booklet. And I think that might be it..
    If I could, think I would give in.