Question: I have Sigur Ros's Hvarf/Heim, but...

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited November 2007 in Other Music
it didn't come with the apparent film for which the music was written. Should it have done? If not, can I buy it seperately from a dvd/music store?
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    the movie comes out separately in 2 weeks. that's the dvd the music accompanies. it was a bewilderingly confusing release schedule what with the some songs are live, some are live acoustic, some are live video, some are old recorded new, some are new, and some are just dvd. pissed my off trying to keep it straight.

anyway, that's why i passed on the cd set. im holding out for the dvd.
  • the movie comes out separately in 2 weeks. that's the dvd the music accompanies. it was a bewilderingly confusing release schedule what with the some songs are live, some are live acoustic, some are live video, some are old recorded new, some are new, and some are just dvd. pissed my off trying to keep it straight.

anyway, that's why i passed on the cd set. im holding out for the dvd.

LOL OK - yeah it's confusing, but I like the cd - old, new, don't really care as long as it sounds nice. I did make the mistake of telling someone on here that 'the new material is beautiful' though, which made me feel like an idiot for a few seconds, then I swallowed it up.

I like the acoustic cd better than the electric one. I'll buy the dvd as well.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    LOL OK - yeah it's confusing, but I like the cd - old, new, don't really care as long as it sounds nice. I did make the mistake of telling someone on here that 'the new material is beautiful' though, which made me feel like an idiot for a few seconds, then I swallowed it up.

I like the acoustic cd better than the electric one. I'll buy the dvd as well.

it is sorta new i think. the way they described it is old songs that have never been recorded and are released here for the first time. far as im concerned, that's fucking new. :)
  • it is sorta new i think. the way they described it is old songs that have never been recorded and are released here for the first time. far as im concerned, that's fucking new. :)

I spotted four or five tracks off it which I recognised from Von, (), Takk and Aaaaaaa... fuck it, I can't spell that one.

• I spotted four or five tracks off it which I recognised from Von, (), Takk and Aaaaaaa... fuck it, I can't spell that one.

hah, give it a go and give us all a giggle :D

Thanks SS, i was abit confused reading about it all online, i'd love to see this film on the big screen though, i've heard it is truly beautiful....