Excluding 'Von', Sigur Ros have the best...

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited June 2008 in Other Music
...back catalogue of any band I can think of, and that's only four albums!
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetAndLowSweetAndLow Posts: 178
    Sigur Ros is one my favorite, too, but Fugazi has twice as many albums and I'd argue them over Sigur Ros.
    2004: Toledo; Grand Rapids
    2006: Grand Rapids; Auburn Hills
    2009: Chicago
    2010: Columbus
    2011: East Troy (PJ20), both
    2013: Wrigley Field
    2014: Detroit
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I'm gonna have to go a step further back from Fugazi and say Minor Threat. Their 26 song, 48 minute discography is distinguised for never being less than incredible. Too few bands know when to call it quits and stop before they start sucking. Minor Threat were perfect.

Fugazi have a brilliant catalogue though.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    SR and Fugazi..both great..but totally polar opposites.

I agree..SR keeps releasing strong records one after the other...
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    radiohead.
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    is hvarf/heim the latest one then? Im just listening to this for the second time in work now, the first listen i gave it i dismissed it as boring, BUT now ive got it on and it is quite lovely indeed :)
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    is hvarf/heim the latest one then? Im just listening to this for the second time in work now, the first listen i gave it i dismissed it as boring, BUT now ive got it on and it is quite lovely indeed :)

nope that came out last year.

the newest album with all new material (hvarf/heim was mostly old songs or reworked songs i think) came out recently and it is called

Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Another day another Sigur Ros thread.
    Lol.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    intodeep wrote:
    nope that came out last year.

the newest album with all new material (hvarf/heim was mostly old songs or reworked songs i think) came out recently and it is called

Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust

Aaah righty dokey then thanks for the heads up ;)

This one is super chilled for a boring friday afternoon in work clock watching! (mind you i suppose they are all pretty laid back hey?)
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    Aaah righty dokey then thanks for the heads up ;)

This one is super chilled for a boring friday afternoon in work clock watching! (mind you i suppose they are all pretty laid back hey?)

Check out () ... It's my personal fav and the album that started my Sigur Ros obsession. The "lyrics" are neither Icelandic or English . They are all done in Hopelandic and are a common theme thru most of the songs.

Agaetis Byrjun is also a great album and perhaps their darkest.

I have grown to like Von, but it's mostly ambient noise... It does have some periodic brilliance... I like the track Hun Joro specifically.
    the Minions
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    I love Sigur Rós and am glad they are seeing a lot of love.
    If I could, think I would give in.