NIN Year Zero: link?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Can anyone hook me up with a link to download this? I'm gonna give it another chance...
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Can anyone hook me up with a link to download this? I'm gonna give it another chance...

Bit torrent ok? http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3851147/Nine_Inch_Nails_-__Year_Zero_-_2007

or I can upload it to yousendit or something if you like?
  • Bit torrent ok? http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3851147/Nine_Inch_Nails_-__Year_Zero_-_2007

or I can upload it to yousendit or something if you like?

I don't really do torrents.. any other way? :o
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

I don't really do torrents.. any other way? :o

I'm on the case, it will take a little while to upload to sendspace.

It is a really decent record, very different but cool. I guess the biggest difference is the fact that lyrically it's not just about him anymore - but I guess there comes a point when angst becomes a bit cliched when you reach a certain age, he is in his early forties now after all.
  • I'm on the case, it will take a little while to upload to sendspace.

It is a really decent record, very different but cool. I guess the biggest difference is the fact that lyrically it's not just about him anymore - but I guess there comes a point when angst becomes a bit cliched when you reach a certain age, he is in his early forties now after all.

Thanks.. it's much appreciated.

I was initially a bit annoyed that it was such a 'poppy' album ("I push the button" and all that); however, Ghosts is such a classic NIN album (takes itself very seriously) that now I look at Year Zero differently; he obviously seems to have made this album accessible and more 'fun' deliberately. He might even have a sense of humour?

• 'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

Thanks.. it's much appreciated.

I was initially a bit annoyed that it was such a 'poppy' album ("I push the button" and all that); however, Ghosts is such a classic NIN album (takes itself very seriously) that now I look at Year Zero differently; he obviously seems to have made this album accessible and more 'fun' deliberately. He might even have a sense of humour?

Oh totally, but the poppy stuff is balanced out by stuff like Me, I'm Not and My Violent Heart. I think you have to remember that it was a concept album too, so songs needed to fit a certain structure. But there is plenty of good stuff on there. The Good Soldier, has such an awesome trippy outro, then there's In This Twilight and Zero Sum at the end, that are among some of the best songs I think he's written.

I might not be able to get the link up until later on tonight, cause it's saying there's an hour left and I'm off out in 45 mins, sorry! For some reason it's only uploading at 24 KB/sec
  • Oh totally, but the poppy stuff is balanced out by stuff like Me, I'm Not and My Violent Heart. I think you have to remember that it was a concept album too, so songs needed to fit a certain structure. But there is plenty of good stuff on there. The Good Soldier, has such an awesome trippy outro, then there's In This Twilight and Zero Sum at the end, that are among some of the best songs I think he's written.

I might not be able to get the link up until later on tonight, cause it's saying there's an hour left and I'm off out in 45 mins, sorry! For some reason it's only uploading at 24 KB/sec

No worries.. just when you can imagine it.

ok the file upload just crashed! I'll try again, if you pm me your email address I'll set it so the download link is emailed to you when it's done, that way you don't need to wait.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EKWE8JCW

enjoy :)

for future reference Mark, if you want owt else, anything you want just google: "[album name] megaupload" (or rapidshare/mediafire/sendspace/badongo if megaupload has no results)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EKWE8JCW

enjoy :)

for future reference Mark, if you want owt else, anything you want just google: "[album name] megaupload" (or rapidshare/mediafire/sendspace/badongo if megaupload has no results)

Legend is you.

Except you scared me when you said 'For future reference Mark'... sounded like one of my old teachers. :o

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Legend is you.

Except you scared me when you said 'For future reference Mark'... sounded like one of my old teachers. :o
    I am not. I'm your NEW teacher.

you are my padawan.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"