Has Deftones leaked yet?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited October 2006 in Other Music
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ChrisChris Posts: 116
    Don't know but when is it due out?
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    yeah
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    yeah

You got a link? Fancy PMing me? :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Chris wrote:
    Don't know but when is it due out?
    yes, it's leaked...
    The release date is the 31st of october.
    any comment from the people that listened it?
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
    i'm the wrong person to talk to.. i LOVE adrenaline and around the fur.. white pony was good too. Did not care for the s/t album at all and although the new one has its moments I really don't care for it overall..

Most people are loving it though.. I think they must all be newer fans or something :/
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • i'm listening to the new album as we speak but i'm undecided about it.

i like it but it isn't a patch on around the fur or white pony (so far anyway).

i dunno. i'll have to wait and see

for now:

hole in the earth - catchiest song on the album and the lead single. good for its purpose. it is catchy and accesible and could get radio play. nice hook. pretty good song

rapture: heavier song. hasn't hooked me yet.

Beware: very cool, sleek, sexy song. mid tempo rock song. i like it very much so. kinda epic in the chorus also. one of my favourites on the new album.

cherry waves: another good song. not sure about the bass line in the verse, it annoys me. the bass line is just too distracting from the song in my opinion. another mid tempo song.

Mein: wonder what system of a down and deftones sound like if they jammed? this is it. upbeat but not really heavy. its a punky number i suppose.

U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,A,B, Select, Start: named after a cheat code for nintendo i think. instrumental track. nice and atmospheric but perhaps a bit long.

Xerces: BALLAD!!!!!!!!!!!! this song hasn't hooked me yet either. the song is based on simple three chord piano sequence. with a heavier, slow chorus.

Rats!Rats!Rats!: Deftones bring the rock on this song. shouty, chanty vocals in the verse reminiscent of hexagram but not as memorable. nice chorus that doesn't hook me. this song isn't bad but isn't good either. cool drum and guitar breakdown in it though.

Pink Cellphone: what the fuck? sounds like team sleep song. low key, beats and such and such. annie hardy has a spoken word thing at the end about anal sex, foreskin, blowjobs and why the english have terrible teeth.

Kimdracula: stupid song title. epic rock song type thing. nothing special

Reviere: very pretty. like moana except WAY better. i like it, i like it a lot.

i give the album a 6 out of 10.

my favourite deftones albums in order are:
    White Pony
    Around the Fur
    Deftones (minerva is my favourite deftones song)
    Adrenaline
    Saturday Night Wrist (wins title of best deftones album title)
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • its not very good.

there are 2 different leaks out there, make sure you get the right one.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • edit: Great feckin' album. I can do without Pink Cellphone though.

• U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,A,B, Select, Start: named after a cheat code for nintendo i think. instrumental track. nice and atmospheric but perhaps a bit long.

The Contra code for unlimited lives. Wow that brings back memories.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • its not very good.

there are 2 different leaks out there, make sure you get the right one.

Oh really? I have one that has different track names, but the person that gave it to me said it was the real one... not all the track names are different, but most of them are.

I'd say this album is their weirdest. I've only listened to it once, but some of the songs are just different, Pink Cellphone being one. The last song is awesome, and there were various parts in other songs that awesome... all in all, I'd say it's better than S/T, but then again, I need to listen to it more (that is if I have the real version..).
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Oh really? I have one that has different track names, but the person that gave it to me said it was the real one... not all the track names are different, but most of them are.

I'd say this album is their weirdest. I've only listened to it once, but some of the songs are just different, Pink Cellphone being one. The last song is awesome, and there were various parts in other songs that awesome... all in all, I'd say it's better than S/T, but then again, I need to listen to it more (that is if I have the real version..).

I think it's all excellent, but I've totally deleted Pink Cellphone. Far as I'm concerned it isn't even on the album.

• Sorry, but I just had to stop by again and say: Great f'in album!

• The Contra code for unlimited lives. Wow that brings back memories.

wasnt contra u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,b,a,b,start ?
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    Hole In the earth sounds like Coldplay playing a U2 song.

Downloaded the song this morning, its now swimming about in my recycle bin.

Looks like they should have split up when they had the chance, Wont be buying the album.

*goes and listens to Minerva and Be Quiet....*
    3manstack wrote:
    Hole In the earth sounds like Coldplay playing a U2 song.

Downloaded the song this morning, its now swimming about in my recycle bin.

Looks like they should have split up when they had the chance, Wont be buying the album.

*goes and listens to Minerva and Be Quiet....*

Birthmark, Nosebleed and Root for me..
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!