Honestly, 'Saeglopur'....

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited January 2008 in Other Music
...just removes my complicated and troubled mind from my head, scrubs it clean with heaven-soap, and then replaces it back again cleansed and free of all troubles.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Can we just go ahead and say that Sigur Rós is the greatest band ever?
    If I could, think I would give in.

You just did my friend.

Nod.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

And their live show absolutely destroys pretty much every other band on the planet.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • So I've heard... I just want them to finish up this new album so I can see them on tour!
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • ugh...

I'm really trying to get into this band....what is wrong with me???
    the Minions
  • When it's a nice day out, go on a stroll and put on Takk... or when it's raining outside, just sit back, relax, and put on (). If none of this works, then I'd say they're just not your cup o'tea.

definately not. heheh. most of their "songs" bore the shit out me, but every once in a while, their music is pretty amazing.
  • You Heathen!!!!
  • Definitely a good and an unique band indeed, but since they're not even the best band (IMO) to come from Iceland (pop. 313 000) it's hard to consider them as the best in the whole world. Shouldn't prevent anyone from enjoying their cool sounds tho...
  • Definitely a good and an unique band indeed, but since they're not even the best band (IMO) to come from Iceland (pop. 313 000) it's hard to consider them as the best in the whole world. Shouldn't prevent anyone from enjoying their cool sounds tho...

There's a better one?

• BUMP...

It's pretty groovy too. You can really nod ya head to it. :cool:

• There's a better one?

He could like Björk more... or maybe Múm... ionno, there's really not that much else..
  • He could like Björk more... or maybe Múm... ionno, there's really not that much else..

Agreed, and I don't think any of those are as good as SR. Different strokes I guess.

• There are few Icelandic bands worth checking out, such as:

Jeff Who? + a video for the song Barfly
    Mugison
    LayLow
    Benny Crespo's Gang
    Emiliana Torrini
    Trabant
    Brain Police
    SeaBear

and harmless_little_f*** you should check out a band called Kwoon and are from France. They are similiar to Sigur Rós and Explosions In The Sky:
    Kwoon and a video that got me into them, I lived on the Moon

I hope you like any of them ;)
    It's okay! I'm easy to forget! I'm only the fucking lead singer! - Jeff Bebe, Almost Famous