I don't get it: Spin Doctors...

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited July 2006 in Other Music
...it seems some on this board like to hate them? I don't understand, they were an awesomely talented funk rock band. Pocketful of Kryptonite is a classic.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• suffragettesuffragette Posts: 253
    I liked the Spin Doctors. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong is a classic.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I like them too. That CD was a soundtrack to my high school days. Too bad the band kind of faded away after that.
  • BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    I like them alot.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    For the love of god, TWO PRINCES
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I only know a few Spin Docter songs but I should probably check them out more 'cause the songs I know are awesome!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • bambi girlbambi girl Posts: 406
    i love the Spin Doctors...great music to dance about to, i have alot of good memories associated with their stuff :)
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    ...it seems some on this board like to hate them? I don't understand, they were an awesomely talented funk rock band. Pocketful of Kryptonite is a classic.

Aside from 1 or 2 songs, that is an awesome, awesome album. I also have a bunch of boots of the Spin Doctors from the early 90's and they are the shit. Really really underated.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    they blew me away live. i had no idea they were so good.
  • blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    yosi wrote:
    Aside from 1 or 2 songs, that is an awesome, awesome album. I also have a bunch of boots of the Spin Doctors from the early 90's and they are the shit. Really really underated.

Spin Doctor boots?...how would one go about acquiring said boots?
    "Off My Line" is just an awesome tune.
    SD are a band that no one lists as a favorite but when their songs come on, you never see anyone change it.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    blackngold wrote:
    SD are a band that no one lists as a favorite but when their songs come on, you never see anyone change it.

is that the last song on their first album? i remember loving that album and the closing song was one sick jam.
  • blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    is that the last song on their first album? i remember loving that album and the closing song was one sick jam.

1. Jimmy Olsen's Blues
    2. What Time Is It?
    3. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
    4. Forty Or Fifty
    5. Refrigerator Car
    6. More Than She Knows
    7. Two Princes
    8. Off My Line
    9. How Could You Want Him (When You Know You Could Have Me?)
    10. Shinbone Alley/Hard To Exist

But you are correct...Shinbone Alley is a sick jam.
    This is definitely a party album
    blackngold wrote:

For boots:http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20%2Fmetadata%2Fcreator%3A%22Spin%20Doctors%22

Take your pick of the boots there. I suggest searching for boots from soundboards, usually better quality. Also read the reviews to chose the best ones.

Off My Line is awesome.

The last song is Shinbone Alley jammed into Hard 2 Exist. And yes its one ass kicking song with a SICK jam.
    Anybody know how any of the other albums were after Pocket?