N.E.R.D? Hmm?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited June 2008 in Other Music
I quite like these dudes. Is their new album any good?
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    haven't heard the new album but their first, in search of, is pretty good. lapdance & truth or dare are outstanding songs :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    The new album is their best work I think Harmless. I picked it up last week and am pretty stoked on it. It's more straight ahead rock as opposed to the rock/rap scratchy rock sound on those types of songs. A lot of nice jazzy samples too.

I think the whole album is up on You Tube, but then again isn't every album? :p
    NERDS!
  • The new album is their best work I think Harmless. I picked it up last week and am pretty stoked on it. It's more straight ahead rock as opposed to the rock/rap scratchy rock sound on those types of songs. A lot of nice jazzy samples too.

I think the whole album is up on You Tube, but then again isn't every album? :p

Sounds good, I'll have a listen.

Edit: I've made my way through three songs right now and I think it's brilliant. A massive improvement on the last one and probably at least as good as 'In Search Of'. I'll have to pick this one up.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Sounds good, I'll have a listen.

Edit: I've made my way through three songs right now and I think it's brilliant. A massive improvement on the last one and probably at least as good as 'In Search Of'. I'll have to pick this one up.

Definitely sounds less rushed, compared to the first two.
    NERDS!
  • I just bought the new album and it's really brilliant.

Real rap, real rock. 'Happy' is as good a rock song as I've heard anywhere, by anyone. :)