Damien Rice, '9'

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Another wonderful, intimate album from the Man. I bought it today. Anyone heard it? Opinions?
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    He has a new album?! Excellent! I'll tell you shortly.
  • Nice :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• My wife and I were just talking about how he's so overdue for an album and lo and behold...
  • My wife and I were just talking about how he's so overdue for an album and lo and behold...

Let us know your verdict people! (I'm not sure if it's out earlier here in the UK, mind you)

• The album doesn't come out in N.A. until next week so I haven't heard all the songs yet. I got a ep last week with 3 songs on 9 and a b-side. 9 Crimes and Me My Yoke and I are really getting in my head, really good songs. You should check out the b-side called The Rat Within The Grain, it's pretty sweet(pm me and I'll send it to you). Can't wait till next week.
    "I'll be hanging upside down, and there I will swing, for all e.........tern.............ni..............ty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The album doesn't come out in N.A. until next week so I haven't heard all the songs yet. I got a ep last week with 3 songs on 9 and a b-side. 9 Crimes and Me My Yoke and I are really getting in my head, really good songs. You should check out the b-side called The Rat Within The Grain, it's pretty sweet(pm me and I'll send it to you). Can't wait till next week.

yeah we have to witi until tueday here in the states, i havent heard any songs yet, and i cant fucking wait, Damien rice is amazing
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • its ok. still prefer 'O'
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I will have to get hold of it and give it a listen. I was listening to O earlier.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07