Linkin Park: Can anyone help me understand...

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited September 2006 in Other Music
...why they recieve so much flack? I think they're really talented guys. Going into the 'pop' persuasion is a mature decision; it doesn't automatically equal 'rubbish' - otherwise we'd never have remembered the Beatles. Their songs still rock, no? And Hybrid Theory showed a heck of a lot of creativity IMO.

disclaimer: not that they're on a par with the Beatles, btw.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• they're just boring.

all their songs sound alike, imo.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    they're just boring.

all their songs sound alike, imo.
    A bit shared about this band.
    Altough I use to think all their songs are alike, I'm always please when I hear them and hearing one song makes we want to hear a bit more. But one entire album is sometimes too much...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    They always seemed like a cynical attempt by the record label to create a Nu-metal act (which at the time was huge) that appealed to kids. No swearing, lots and lots of angst and anger in the songs and a bunch of songs that pretty much all sounds alike.

I think they are a terrible act that were no better than alot of manufactured boybands to be honest, and I don't see any creativitity in Hybred Theory at all.
  • Soupy wrote:
    They always seemed like a cynical attempt by the record label to create a Nu-metal act (which at the time was huge) that appealed to kids. No swearing, lots and lots of angst and anger in the songs and a bunch of songs that pretty much all sounds alike.

I think they are a terrible act that were no better than alot of manufactured boybands to be honest, and I don't see any creativitity in Hybred Theory at all.

Here here.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Soupy really said it all. They're manufactured. There's a difference between pop bands like Linkin Park, and pop ARTISTS like The Beatles or Audioslave. Linkin Park getting flack has little to do with them being pop-ish.
  • The songs from their second album would have fitted in easily on their first album, showing zero creative progression. I think they are reasonably talented, but when a band sounds like it's on auto-pilot it's pretty insulting to their fans who deserve more.