Free - 'Alright Now'

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Really, I am not a 'classic rock' fan at all. But this song rocks. I keep hearing it on the radio lately. Any other good Free songs?
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get their album, "Fire and Water" (1970).
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I got their greatest hits not so long back. "oh I wept" and "Songs for Yesterday" are great songs. I think that their lead guitarist died.
  • Cool, thanks guys. Only thing is, Googling 'Free' is a pain in the arse lol
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Wishing Well is another cool track
    die on a hilltop.. eyeing the crows,
    waiting for your lids to close..
    but you want to watch as they peck your flesh..
    Ironic that they go for the eyes first
  • You need to buy the entire Free catalog.

They are much deeper than "Alright Now".

To get a real good feel for them and to listen to samples look them up on allmusic.com.
  • fada wrote:
    I got their greatest hits not so long back. "oh I wept" and "Songs for Yesterday" are great songs. I think that their lead guitarist died.

Free split up and Paul Kossoff went solo before he died from a drugs overdose.
    Paul Rodgers and another member then formed Bad Company after the split.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Koss died on a plane i think it was a heart attack if i remember rightly.Simon Kirke is the other memeber you are on about in Free and Bad Co
    Cornell pwns u
  • After leaving Free, Kossoff released a solo album called Back Street Crawler, and toured with John Martyn. Kossoff died in 1976, of a drug-related heart attack. He was on a flight from LA to New York.
  • alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    My all-time favorite song. Rocks so hard, and just now getting into their other stuff and its awesome. They kinda sound like what Stillwater in Almost Famous wants to be. They seem to get forgotten when talking about early 70's rock bands which sucks.
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • Get their album, "Fire and Water" (1970).

even better, get the remastered one.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times