Jose Gonzalez anyone...

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited May 2006 in Other Music
.........?
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    He is very good.

reminicent of Elliot Smith to me. I like his work a lot. Glad someone else has been enjoying his beutiful acoustic music.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Follow the bouncing ball.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Follow the bouncing ball.

LOL Awesome did you see the bouncy balls TOO?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• SandruwaSandruwa Posts: 239
    Don't know him except the single Heartbeats (which is a cover isn't it?) ... I must say I really like that song!! Definately going to check him out ...
    RIP Syd ... Shine on you crazy diamond ...
  • Sandruwa wrote:
    Don't know him except the single Heartbeats (which is a cover isn't it?) ... I must say I really like that song!! Definately going to check him out ...

Yes, that's a cover. The original band who did it are a Swedish 'electronic' outfit; haven't heard their version but from the sound of them, he must have changed it up quite a bit!

Definitely, if you like Heartbeats you should check out his album, Veneer. It's amazing, and the reason why I've gone for learning classical guitar and not regular. ;)

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I think he is fantastic. If ya get the chance, check this thead out, a couple people really wrote good stuff about Veneer.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=148221&highlight=smc

you'll have to page down a tad to get to them.
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    LOL Awesome did you see the bouncy balls TOO?

Yup. Really cool. I suspect my friends Chris and Sara had something to do with that. They were in the neighborehood, but the deny that it was their doing. Hahahahaha.

No seriously it is a nice commercial.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm really digging that song so much now :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Sandruwa wrote:

"heartbeats" is a cover of the band the knife, also from sweden. he changed up the song ALOT...though the original is quite good. i have a cd that i play at work that has the original version on it...it's always getting comments from customers.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.