Options

I f***n feel like talking about Counting Crows

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Man I flipping love this band. I'm listening to the Mr. Jones acoustic version. Amazing. They're my second favourite band after Pearl Jam, actually.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 177
    can't wait to see them this summer with Goo Goo Dolls. Should be a sick show.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,843
    Man I flipping love this band. I'm listening to the Mr. Jones acoustic version. Amazing. They're my second favourite band after Pearl Jam, actually.

used to LOVE them. their last album, Hard Candy, didn't do it for me. their best(IMO)is their first one, August and Everything After.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    i saw cc about 10 years ago. my date wanted to see jakob and the wallflowers.

and so 'murder of one' kicked serious. love this band.
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    If you love an amazing show... buy the new live album coming out in June, it's a widely circulated show from Amsterdam in 2003, but with a polished mix. The version of Goodnight Elisabeth is one of the most emotional & amazing performances ever. Also a great version of Sullivan Street. After this you'll have your faith back in the crows.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    I dunno, I loved Hard Candy: Holiday in Spain is a classic, as is Black and Blue.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    ubickubick Posts: 6
    My favorite band besides PJ. I'm sad that I'm missing both PJ and CC this summer. The live cd is great, I will pick it up this summer too, even tho I have that particular recording.

Hard Candy had some undeniable hits such as Miami and Good Time. The song All my friends owns me right now.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Keller wrote:
    can't wait to see them this summer with Goo Goo Dolls. Should be a sick show.
    I saw the Counting crows in 97 with the wallflowers, and I have seen the Goo goo dolls twice. Both those bands put on a great show. I feel like the recovering the satelites tour was basically just a rehersal tour for the big show they did in NYC back in 97. It was great to hear them play some accoustic tracks. It will be a good show. The Goos are good too, well I think they put on a good show anyway. Saw the Goos open for No doubt and Bush in 96 for Bush's sixteenstone tour, then I saw the Goo again on the Dizzy up the girl tour- they may be a mix between rock and have some ballad type songs (like iris), but the shows come off real well. It's funny cause it seems like they kind of changed their image: When I saw them open for Bush, It seemed like they were trying to fit in with the grunge scene or post grunge scene cause people were moshing to them, and then they kind of mellowed some years later and still put on a kick ass show.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Cheers! Luv them!
    They are amazing...one of my favs!
    No need to be void,.. or save up on life,...
    Got to spend it all,.....

"Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music." EV

1-14-95, 9-04-00, 7-01-03, 5-30-06, 10-21-06, 10-22-06, 6-17-08, 6-22-08, 8-16-08 E.V., 6-15-09 E.V., 10-28-09, 5-13-10.
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    "August & Everything After" is one of my favorite albums ever. "Recovering the Satellites" is great too. The other albums are okay, but have some great songs on them.

I saw them at Toad's Place in Connecticut in 1994, great show.....still remember it like it was yesterday.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Is this thread serious. No offense, but the only people that listen to the Counting Crows around here are real homos.
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Is this thread serious. No offense, but the only people that listen to the Counting Crows around here are real homos.

I also thought the only people with a MySpace page where pre-teenage girls???
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    I also thought the only people with a MySpace page where pre-teenage girls???

The band thing is a great cover though.

I was being serious. I have no problem with the Counting Crows, but the only people that I know, that are into them, are fratboy/emo/preppy/douchebags buttfuckers
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    if you don't like Counting Crows then don't reply....there's no need to call everyone a "homo".....they are one of my wife's favorite bands....and I can promise she is not a "homo"
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    if you don't like Counting Crows then don't reply....there's no need to call everyone a "homo".....they are one of my wife's favorite bands....and I can promise she is not a "homo"

I honestly wasnt implying anyone here is a homo. I thought maybe there was some sarcasm goin on and I was gonna join. The people that I know that are into them are homos(figuratively speaking)
  • Options
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I honestly wasnt implying anyone here is a homo. I thought maybe there was some sarcasm goin on and I was gonna join. The people that I know that are into them are homos(figuratively speaking)

I am a huge counting crows fan and am not a homo last time I checked.

There are people out there who think we're homos for loving Pearl Jam; I'm sure you deal with that well enough.

• Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    PJammin' wrote:
    used to LOVE them. their last album, Hard Candy, didn't do it for me. their best(IMO)is their first one, August and Everything After.

same here. I have the two records after that and the live double album.
    I feel that after Augest and everything after they just tried too hard to proof something.

When I opened up the cd-box and saw the inside of Hard candy and saw him joyously jumping in the air I amost got sick. Now look here pleople I really am happy you know, I am not all that depressed as you wrote I was. Fuck I felt so cheeted. I mean I wish him all the best, and I surely don't want anyone to feel misarable, but this was just fake.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    August and Everything After and Recovering the Satellites are GREAt albums...

The rest of the albums have highlights (such as the aforementioned Holiday in Spain)... but they've sounded more and more generic with each new disc. And the Shrek song killed me...

They need to come back with a great, new rejuvinated studio album after the live album or they are going to slip away into obscurity...
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    counting crows....is this thread some sort of sick joke?

put them up there with dave matthews and OAR. Not a fan.

although "Mr Jones" was a favorite song when I was younger.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits