Options

Queen Adreena?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I discovered them yesterday. They are my new favourite band; awesome. Anyone else heard of them?
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I discovered them yesterday. They are my new favourite band; awesome. Anyone else heard of them?

I have they're version of Jolene, good song.
    They're currently unsigned I believe, and often have concerts shown on the musicians channel.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    It's a travesty that they're unsigned. I really think the current crappy UK music scene is to blame...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I have they're version of Jolene, good song.
    They're currently unsigned I believe, and often have concerts shown on the musicians channel.:)
    Don't know anything about them but if they're version of Jolene is even close to the White Stripes', I'm in. Where can I find it?
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Don't know anything about them but if they're version of Jolene is even close to the White Stripes', I'm in. Where can I find it?

I found them on Youtube, and the video of that song. They're pretty dark, slightly gothy, but excellent. The girl's voice gives it a slightly garage rock vibe ala the Yeah yeah yeahs, but really they are a metal band. Nice. Really nice. Report back if you liked 'em!

• Options
    KELLYS LEASHKELLYS LEASH Posts: 184
    Arr crazy what a great find :)........ I've loved them from Taxidermy that album is sooooooooooo great. Back in 2000 i got either 'Rock sound' / 'Metal Hammer' (my memories pretty bad) magazine and their track 'Pretty Polly' was on the comp cd, so i bought the album and have loved them ever since. KatieJane Garside's voice is so intoxicating.
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    They have some good songs, and she has a great voice, but not one of my favourite bands. I think she could do so much more with a voice like that.

Hard to believe that they are unsigned though.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    They have some good songs, and she has a great voice, but not one of my favourite bands. I think she could do so much more with a voice like that.

Hard to believe that they are unsigned though.

Yeah. Unsigned? What is WITH that anyway?