Options

Gogol Bordello

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Has anyone heard of these Eastern European post-punk/folk/zany cooky nutters? I heard them yesterday and they're pretty awesome.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I saw them on the Jools Holland show, they looked pretty crazy but i was surprised how much i liked them. Had never heard of them before that.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    I saw them on the Jools Holland show, they looked pretty crazy but i was surprised how much i liked them. Had never heard of them before that.

Me too dude thats where I saw them. Like you, I was like huh.... I shouldn't like this, but I do.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    My band actually got to open for them for 3 shows in canada a few months ago...the show in montreal was the best non-pj show ive ever seen. The lead singer is fuckin insane and the energy they put out is amazing. you have to see them live to totally appreciate them, if you get the chance you gotta go, especially in a small venue...

roddy
  • Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    Yeah, they sure are weird. Would love to see them live...Gypsy Punks is one crazy album.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate