Hundred Reasons

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I quite enjoy them - anyone else?
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I saw these years ago supporting Idlewild at my local Student's Union bar.

I loved Idlewild (obviously :p ) but all I really remember about them was the lead singers really wild hair...:o

Sort of like a ginger afro? Cool, but a bit crazy :D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • I saw these years ago supporting Idlewild at my local Student's Union bar.

I loved Idlewild (obviously :p ) but all I really remember about them was the lead singers really wild hair...:o

Sort of like a ginger afro? Cool, but a bit crazy :D

Yep! :D

It's funny.. you could lump them in with teen/emo, but their stuff is quite a bit more creative imo and they also seem to give a nod to proper, classic rock music.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• i love hundred reasons....seen them 11 times.....truly under rated....

they tend to get misjudged because of the bands they tour with and screwy zine reviews.....but their music is fantastic....just came back with a new album which i urge y'all to listen to

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4e2IMi63xLw
    ...when a truant finds home....
  • i love hundred reasons....seen them 11 times.....truly under rated....

they tend to get misjudged because of the bands they tour with and screwy zine reviews.....but their music is fantastic....just came back with a new album which i urge y'all to listen to

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4e2IMi63xLw

I like it. Not the best thing I've heard from them, but it's a great video.

• Yeah they've got some great tunes, this one's an absolute belter: http://youtube.com/watch?v=a_3xHj_WKFU
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Seeing the guys in January at a small club,should be good. Seen them a few times before and they always give 100%.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    Im a fan - saw them last Jan, and thaught the Kill Your Own CD was best they had done. Was a good show and planning on going again this coming Jan. I have their new CD but havent really listened to it yet. Seen mixed reviews. How does it compare to the others?
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    yes, I love this band. I saw them once, opening for Incubus. They were great.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    saw them open for muse in 2001. i was very impressed, but went off them when i actually listened to their studio stuff. dont like the frontman very much!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • duggro wrote:
    saw them open for muse in 2001. i was very impressed, but went off them when i actually listened to their studio stuff. dont like the frontman very much!

Ah man that sucks.. why not?

• its great to see so many people into HR......i can never get enough of them...in my opinion they're are the best british band around at the moment - or at least the most under rated.... infact - apart from idlewild and the chili peppers i can't think of a better band period. - btw im aware i couldnt have said something more warranting of contrasting views and opinions, but i dont care.

hundred reasons are amazing and i cant wait to see them again in january - for the 12th time....
    ...when a truant finds home....