Do You Take Sugar?! One Lump Or Two!?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited April 2008 in Other Music
POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME!!

Man I'm really enjoying Def Leppard today :D
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    You sicken me.

:)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    You sicken me.

:)

'Let's get, let's get, let's get, let's get ROCKED!' :cool:
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• You just don't get it, Jeremy.

But me? Armageddon It.:D

That was a very, very forced pun.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • You just don't get it, Jeremy.

Ahh.. we're on the same page. You sound as excited as I am... Are you Excitable?

That was a very, very forced song quote. :)

You just don't get it, Jeremy.

Telling people that they don't "get it" is kind of dumb, even with the most complicated, sophisticated music. Telling me I don't get Def Leppard is just daft. What is there to get? I don't mind shallow, meaningless rock music but it should at least be well done. Joe Elliot = worst singer ever :D

and the Armageddon It pun was horrible ;)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Telling people that they don't "get it" is kind of dumb, even with the most complicated, sophisticated music. Telling me I don't get Def Leppard is just daft. What is there to get? I don't mind shallow, meaningless rock music but it should at least be well done. Joe Elliot = worst singer ever :D

Yeah but the production is slapped-on-so-thickly-with-a-fucking-great-palette-knife that he doesn't end up sounding half bad.

• Ahh.. we're on the same page. You sound as excited as I am... Are you Excitable?

That was a very, very forced song quote. :)

Hysteria was my favourite album for a long time.:D Just last night, I rocked out a little to Animal - which stands proud today as having one of the very worst videos ever.:)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:

and the Armageddon It pun was horrible ;)

Hehe. It was all just a set up for the pun, really.:p I'll go to astonishing lengths to achieve my wordplay quota for the day. :cool:
    Yeah but the production is slapped-on-so-thickly-with-a-fucking-great-palette-knife that he doesn't end up sounding half bad.
    He sounds WORSE :eek: He has the most bizarre, horrible voice ever. Dude thinks he's american but not only that, the production emphasises how ridiculous he sounds. The spoken bit at the beginning of Pour some sugar makes me cringe.
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    He sounds WORSE :eek: He has the most bizarre, horrible voice ever. Dude thinks he's american but not only that, the production emphasises how ridiculous he sounds. The spoken bit at the beginning of Pour some sugar makes me cringe.

He sounds ridiculous yes.... 'in the name of lurrrve'..... but your outlook will depend on whether 'ridiculous' = 'bad'. I mean come on, their drummer had one arm for God's sake. ;):p

He sounds ridiculous yes.... 'in the name of lurrrve'..... but your outlook will depend on whether 'ridiculous' = 'bad'. I mean come on, their drummer had one arm for God's sake. ;):p
    But there's good ridiculous, bad ridiculous and then Def Leppard ridiculous. It's a whole other level of bad :p
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    But there's good ridiculous, bad ridiculous and then Def Leppard ridiculous. It's a whole other level of bad :p

Superbad?

Superbad?
    Let's stop it with the puns already :D
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Let's stop it with the puns already :D

Or what, you'll PUNish me?

OK that's it.

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Hey, da Lepps were not always about big expensive production. This is my fave track, from their debut :):D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ya8Nmwy53lk&feature=related
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Hey, da Lepps were not always about big expensive production. This is my fave track, from their debut :):D

That's actually OK... what the heck happened? :p

That's actually OK... what the heck happened? :p

John Mutt Lange ;)
    jamie uk wrote:

I still wouldn't listen to that because I'm not really big on music from the crotch, bar a few guilty pleasure songs here and there but my god, it's about 1000 times better than anything on Pyromania and Hysteria. This is just standard, mindless NWOBHM as opposed to horrible gloss-pop with poodle perms :p
    This should be on the dedication thread, to all of us :p
    Note Rick Allen (drummer) "look mum, two hands" :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y7196xtQ7UQ
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I still wouldn't listen to that because I'm not really big on music from the crotch, bar a few guilty pleasure songs here and there but my god, it's about 1000 times better than anything on Pyromania and Hysteria. This is just standard, mindless NWOBHM as opposed to horrible gloss-pop with poodle perms :p

I wont argue, it's just what I grew up with, that stuff leaves a mark on you I guess. Though I do actually love Pyromania and Hysteria, after that....ahem, no thanks ;)
  • jamie uk wrote:
    "look mum, two hands" :)

OH FUCK, YOU DIDN'T... that comment eclipses any of mine.

HAHAHAHA

• jamie uk wrote:
    John Mutt Lange ;)

I was a big Bryan Adams fan as a kid and he produced him as well... aaah memories. :p

jamie uk wrote:
    I wont argue, it's just what I grew up with, that stuff leaves a mark on you I guess. Though I do actually love Pyromania and Hysteria, after that....ahem, no thanks ;)
    What? You don't like When Love and Hate Collide???! The delightful cheese? :D

Good call man. Good fucking call :D That song came on the jukebox in my local in London the other week. This is an Irish, Millwall supporters pub in south london... and some student put on Def Leppard. 90s Def Leppard. The regulars were like "what the fack is this ponce rubbish?"
    OH FUCK, YOU DIDN'T... that comment eclipses any of mine.

HAHAHAHA

I meant no harm. I was at the first show they did after his accident, 1986 Monsters of Rock, it was very emotional...then I got hit in the back of the head with a bottle of piss.
  • jamie uk wrote:
    I meant no harm. I was at the first show they did after his accident, 1986 Monsters of Rock, it was very emotional...then I got hit in the back of the head with a bottle of piss.

Ouch.......

Still, at least you didn't smash a car into a brick wall and lose an arm.

Wow, steering dangerously close to 'not funny' that one.... :o

:D

Ouch.......

Still, at least you didn't smash a car into a brick wall and lose an arm.

Wow, steering dangerously close to 'not funny' that one.... :o

:D

It was a great day, here's the only footage from the gig. What a band these guys were...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=N88N0M5dzEA