NIN's 'The Fragile'...

2»

Comments

• civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    uninnocent wrote:
    the frail / the wretched is my personal favourite nin song (yeah, i know they're two songs, but there's no way i'd say the frail is a fave on its own). my first time seeing them trent started playing keys for the frail and my life was completed. fucking amazing live.

:cool: I love The Frail/The Wretched too... :D

i would get that song stuck in my head for days!
    ...it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, it didn't turn out the way you wanted it, did it?...

over, and over, and over.... :p

do you play piano?? you can get The Frail sheet music here...
    http://www.theninhotline.net/knowthescore/index.html

i wish my house was big enough for a piano... :(
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    :cool: I love The Frail/The Wretched too... :D

i would get that song stuck in my head for days!
    ...it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, it didn't turn out the way you wanted it, did it?...

over, and over, and over.... :p

do you play piano?? you can get The Frail sheet music here...
    http://www.theninhotline.net/knowthescore/index.html

i wish my house was big enough for a piano... :(

Thank you SO MUCH for this!
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Thank you SO MUCH for this!

you're welcome!! :D

it's killing me, not having a piano to try the songs out on... i want to learn them so bad! :(
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Yeah The Fragile is much better than With Teeth. I like With Teeth but I think it is NIN's weakest album.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    JaneNY wrote:
    Well its about time! :) Seriously awesome album. You can listen to it over and over and still find new things. There's only one song I'm not too crazy about, and that's Pilgrimmage. It just spooks me out every time, but it actually kind of fits in with his current stuff in a way.
    This is my favorite NIN record. It was 4 years from the Downward Spiral and when it came out, it was insane how good it was, just like when Lateralus came out so many years after Aenema. BUT, I love The Pilgrimmage!!!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    i've owned this album since it first came out back in '99. i liked one song in particular, don't remember the name...but i only really listened to the whole album a couple times and didn't really get into it right away and just gave up on it. seems like a lot of people really think this is a great album so maybe i'll have to give it another chance, although i'm not really a big nin fan to begin with.
    dirtyT wrote:
    This is my favorite NIN record. It was 4 years from the Downward Spiral and when it came out, it was insane how good it was, just like when Lateralus came out so many years after Aenema. BUT, I love The Pilgrimmage!!!!

Yeah I also liked it when it first came out. I remember telling people that it was like an opera. The first single was "The Day the World Went Away" which didn't blow me away but hearing the rest of the album was awesome.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    rrivers wrote:

I also love how it is called "somewhat damaged" when the narrator is obviously much more than "somewhat" damaged. LOL

Understated sarcasam is a beautiful art form.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Had the most ridiculously shit day at work, and Somewhat Damaged is perfectly fitting my mood at the moment, "too fucked up to care anymore" - indeed........
  • Skooled wrote:
    no all they have is a downwird spiral and the new one as well as the live album

EDIT: Regina, saskatchewan, canada

So am I...Go to HMV in the Southland Mall. Ask for Chad and he'll hook you up.
    Skooled wrote:
    I wish i could find this album in my city :(

Check amazon!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Bumping this because I think there should always be a NIN thread on the first page :D
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    JaneNY wrote:
    Bumping this because I think there should always be a NIN thread on the first page :D

There has been recently.

Listened to The Fragile today. Love it. Especially digging La Mer/The Great Below today.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    I finally broke down and decided to buy this in vinyl. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail any day now. :D
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    i love this album also. probably my favorite NIN album, but that's as hard as picking a favorite PJ album. "somewhat damaged" reaches me on a level that i can't explain.

does anyone know why the "we're in this together" single's cost so much? i realize they must be kind of rare, but every time i see them on e-bay or amazon they go in upwards of $100.00 to $150.00. for a single? i have every halo except these. i want them real bad, but i can't bring myself to pay that much. grrrr....
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I don't understand why they never play We're in this together live... its a great song and was a single from the fragile.. yet even on the fragility tour that song was rarely played, if ever
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    we're in this together made its debut earlier this year
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable