I bought Neutral Milk Hotel...

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited March 2008 in Other Music
'In the Aeroplane over the Sea' the other day. Good album. :cool:
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Definitely, one of my faves. You cannoot get tired of that album, not a chance. On Avery Island is nice too. You can really see how the band's greatness developed from the first to their second album.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Yup, it's a very good album, one of the better from that decade.
  • CM1847 wrote:
    Yup, it's a very good album, one of the better from that decade.

I was more thinking along the lines of "one of the defining albums of the decade", but hey, to each his own ;)
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Good Mark? GOOD???!?!?!

just wait til it finally hits you.

The last line of the album is the best ending ever.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I was more thinking along the lines of "one of the defining albums of the decade", but hey, to each his own ;)
    I'd put it in the top 25 easily, I'd have to put some more thought into it as for it being top 15-10-5 or anything. Still, top 25 of the decade is pretty good. Also, it's hard for it to "define" the decade for me since I never heard the album until a few years after the decade was over
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Ahh poor Anne Frank.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22