A new Sigur Ros album in 2007

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited March 2007 in Other Music
sounds like a good prospect to me. I've heard some things about the possibility. Anyone know anything more?
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• !!!!!! Posts: 28
    I was just reading about the same thing the other day.

This is what the official site says:

sigur rós have begun recording their new album and expect to finish it later this year. in an interview with fréttablaðið newspaper, georg says it remains to be seen whether the band will be taking a totally new direction on the album. “we have finished recording a few songs but some more things need to be done. we don’t know exactly where the album is heading yet. we are really just experimenting at this stage. some of the songs we recorded are old songs which we had written a while ago, unreleased material which we never got a chance to finish. we decided it was time they were recorded.” georg says there is a possibility the album will be released this year but nothing is confirmed at this point.
    SIGNATURE :)
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Very Nice.

I like :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • larslars Posts: 524
    sigur ros sucks big time....sooooooooooooooooooooo boring its bad
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    lars wrote:
    sigur ros sucks big time....sooooooooooooooooooooo boring its bad

I'm assuming you don't know the slightest thing about talented musicianship.
    I'm assuming you don't know the slightest thing about talented musicianship.
    If they are talented, why the hell use it on shit that´s so boring its bad?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    lars wrote:
    If they are talented, why the hell use it on shit that´s so boring its bad?

It's boring to YOU. To millions of other people it is beautiful.
    It's boring to YOU. To millions of other people it is beautiful.
    what....are they big in japan?
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    lars wrote:
    what....are they big in japan?

I saw them at the Atlanta Symphony Hall and it was sold out.

Their live show was quite amazing. I'd say it is one of the better live shows i've ever seen.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    Yeah they host pretty decent shows in Australia too, i'm kinda new to them what is there best album i only have takk so far?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    sounds like a good prospect to me. I've heard some things about the possibility. Anyone know anything more?

is it better than that song "I love the way you smack my @$$?"

:D
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Blyss wrote:
    Yeah they host pretty decent shows in Australia too, i'm kinda new to them what is there best album i only have takk so far?

I love Takk... I think it's my favorite... Agaetis Byrjun and () are both a second tie... () has literally no lyrics to it, just amazing music... like popplagið (untitled 8) on () is incredible. You listen to that, and you're just like... zoh my god. Agaetis is extremely good too, damn... however, Von, their first record is extremely bland... the first 2 songs are just like background noise... as my brother put it... "It sounds like they just recorded the buzzing of a refrigerator for this CD.". I'd say just skip Von altogether. Next, you should just get () and Agaetis Byrjun together.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I love Takk... I think it's my favorite... Agaetis Byrjun and () are both a second tie... () has literally no lyrics to it, just amazing music... like popplagið (untitled 8) on () is incredible. You listen to that, and you're just like... zoh my god. Agaetis is extremely good too, damn... however, Von, their first record is extremely bland... the first 2 songs are just like background noise... as my brother put it... "It sounds like they just recorded the buzzing of a refrigerator for this CD.". I'd say just skip Von altogether. Next, you should just get () and Agaetis Byrjun together.

yeah, those 2 albums are phenomenal but ive heard their first is pretty mediocre. im totally stoked about this album, though i rather doubt it will be out in 07. saying they're currently in the studio fucking around doesn't sound so promising as far as getting it out in the next few months.
  • leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    thanks for the info, please keep us up-to-date if you hear anything. Takk was a great album but () is still my favourite.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06