Counting Crows, 'Le Ballet D'or'

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited April 2008 in Other Music
is beautiful.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    One of my favourites from the new record. Shockingly good album actually.
  • prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    One of my favourites from the new record. Shockingly good album actually.

Agree looking forward to hearing it live, really like you can't count on me at the moment
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    With you guys on this one, a really good album.....a return to form I feel, although I do hate that phrase.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    I really like the first half of the album, but find the second half all a bit samey :o (sorry!) maybe I need to give it more time?
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • I really like the first half of the album, but find the second half all a bit samey :o (sorry!) maybe I need to give it more time?

The second half is a real slow-burner... give it a lot of time, you'll start to realise the variety.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

It's funny because on first listen it was the first disc that grabbed my attention, but after a few listens I think I prefer the second one. I'm currently in love with Washington Square.
  • It's funny because on first listen it was the first disc that grabbed my attention, but after a few listens I think I prefer the second one. I'm currently in love with Washington Square.

i only got one disc with mine...can you elaborate? do you mean the second half of the album?
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
    i only got one disc with mine...can you elaborate? do you mean the second half of the album?

Yeah second half, I downloaded it and put it on two discs - I think that is how they originally intended it.
  • Yeah second half, I downloaded it and put it on two discs - I think that is how they originally intended it.

Funny you should mention that... I seem to remember reading that.

Funny you should mention that... I seem to remember reading that.

Yeah I think it kind of works better that way, a bit like Ben Harper's Both Sides Of The Gun. I think there's no reason why a double cd can't work, I think the key to it is to focus on quality not quantity (listen up Chili Peppers!).