I put NIN on a love album

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I've recorded my wife a love album for our 3rd anniversary and managed to put NIN's The Fragile on it. I was sort of chuffed with that.

'She shines.. in a world full of ugliness'

'I won't let you fall apart'
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Oh yeah - that's a good song - how romantic of you - seriously!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Good choice. Not quite as "romantic", but I would go with We're In This Together. But that's probably because that song means a hell of a lot to me.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    yeah that is a good choice. it is romantic in a dark way. You don't want all cheesy love ballads on it. Very good call.

to be funny, you should have included closer as well!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    dirtyT wrote:
    you should have included closer as well!!

That's what I thought this thread was gonna say when I first saw it.

:D
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    jdub3001 wrote:

RIGHT!!!!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    nice work! The Fragile is a pretty song... :)

i'll build a wall so we can keep them on the other side....

We're In This Together is a fave of mine too....

Perfect Drug would have worked as well! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i hope it was the version from the Still EP. that one blows away the original.
  • I've recorded my wife a love album for our 3rd anniversary and managed to put NIN's The Fragile on it. I was sort of chuffed with that.

'She shines.. in a world full of ugliness'

'I won't let you fall apart'

I'm jealous. I wish my boyfriend would make me a compilation album. Especially something with NIN on it. Heart achingly beautiful songs. Well done!
  • jdub3001 wrote:

i used to listen to that song with my ex girlfriend, whenever i put it on she would ask "why did you put that song on?" smiling, those were good times
    Marseille 09/09/06, Paris 11/09/06,wembley 18/06/07, werchter 07
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I love to listen to "I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally" on headphones. Heartbreaking, but oh so good. I like that whole album so much that it gets played A LOT. I don't know how romantic you could consider it, but my idea of romance has little to do with what we're being sold, so to have something from this record on a mix would make me very happy. :) (Besides, "We're In This Together" pretty much says it all.)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~