Gogol Bordello!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited October 2007 in Other Music
OMG this band and this album are the shiznit.

http://www.myspace.com/gogolbordello
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i like this stuff :)

you must see this movie
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404030/

i loved it and it made me cry
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Saw them at Bonnaroo, and wow what a show! Thought about making the drive to Detroit tonight to see them, but couldn't pass up hitting Roger Waters last show.

Edit: no matter what kind of music you like. GO SEE THESE GUYS!
  • dunkman wrote:

you must see this movie

Yeah, we saw it actually, great movie. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:

you must see this movie

i've been putting off seeing this as i read the book a couple of years ago and didn't want it ruining. you and hlf may have convinced me to give it a chance :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Chime wrote:
    i've been putting off seeing this as i read the book a couple of years ago and didn't want it ruining. you and hlf may have convinced me to give it a chance :)

I read part of the book. I have to say, the only thing you slightly lose in the movie is the halirity of the Ukranian translator's narration. You can't get much funnier than seeing some of that stuff written down imo.. In the film some of it is made into dialogue. Still, great film.

Just bought tix today to see them in Toronto. They're playing at a pretty small venue (max is 850), so it should be an awesome show. Can't wait to dance my ass off!

Anyone else catch them on tour, or planning to see them? If not I recommend paying the $15-20 - they're probably one of the best live acts these days!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    OMG this band and this album are the shiznit.

http://www.myspace.com/gogolbordello
    I bet they are an amazing live band (I've heard nothing but good things about them) but I simply cannot stand the sound of them.

I feel the urge to change the radio station every-single-time "Wanderlust King" comes on. Hate it.

I'm probably missing the big picture of them but I can't get past "Wanderlust King".
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • geishagrrlgeishagrrl Posts: 130
    There's a radio station that plays Gogol Bordello other than when Eugene was on NPR? Amazing!
    They are going to be in a movie that Madonna is making, unfortunately I don't remember what it is called.
    The new tour starts tomorrow in Toronto. Anyone else checking them out this tour?
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    Saw them live and they were FANTASTIC! Highly recommended.

And I love Wonderlust Kings
  • Nothing like some gypsy-punk to get the party started.
    Sometimes it sounds like triumph the insult dog singing!
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    They are playing the Hammersmith Apollo 8th dec 2007.

Me and pegasus already have tickets. :)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • lgtlgt Posts: 720
    wash_ wrote:
    They are playing the Hammersmith Apollo 8th dec 2007.

Me and pegasus already have tickets. :)

Thanks for the heads-up!

Wait... that's the week-end I won't be here.. :(
  • Gotta be one of the most energetic, fun bands to watch around. Love em.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Weeelll, saw the band last night.

One word, Amazing.

Now, I wouldn't listen to the music all the time but its perfect music in an english drunken celebratory way. Lots of pints clashing, swinging around, high kicks. Ahh...New years, that would be good!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • wash_ wrote:
    Weeelll, saw the band last night.

One word, Amazing.

Now, I wouldn't listen to the music all the time but its perfect music in an english drunken celebratory way. Lots of pints clashing, swinging around, high kicks. Ahh...New years, that would be good!

Nod nod :D