News on Sigur Ros' new album

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited April 2008 in Other Music
From their website:

Sigur Rós in abbey road studios
24 April 2008

sigur rós are currently in abbey road’s studio one recording a track with a boys choir and 67-piece orchestra. in an interview in today’s morgunblaðið newspaper, orri revealed that the album’s sound is considerably different than on their previous albums, and that the lyrics on this album will be “more understandable to the public than on previous albums”. the album is nearly completed and is expected to be released this summer.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. :D
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Don't know too much about em, but from what I've seen and heard, I am sure this'll be a highlight of Bonnaroo for me.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Don't know too much about em, but from what I've seen and heard, I am sure this'll be a highlight of Bonnaroo for me.

No doubt about it.. enjoy. They might even break out some new material. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • this is great news....

can't wait to see them at the roo
    the Minions
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i haven't been this excited since I discovered you could peel of the stickers on a Rubik's cube and pretend to your friends you did it in 14 minutes.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    and that the lyrics on this album will be “more understandable to the public than on previous albums”.

This should be quite interesting. I seriously cannot wait to hear what they come up with.
    If I could, think I would give in.