'Pop' songs that you like

chris01chris01 Posts: 559
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Ok, its own up time, lol.

What song(s) do you like that you wouldnt normally like.... or admit to liking. :D

To get the ball rolling.... im digging that 'How to Save a Life' song by The Fray. I heard it on Scrubs last week and wondered who it was.

Doesnt have to be a song thats out right now....c'mon all you N'Sync fans, fess up. :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just about anything fromi Justin Timberlakes solo stuff.
  • I don't like any boy band or Britney Spears type pop, but I love Prince's classic stuff and a fair amount of old school Michael Jackson. Billie Jean is one of the greatest songs ever.
  • Anything by Lifehouse and Better Than Ezra.
  • Kanye West - Heard Em Say

I guess that's really rap..but I think it's a little poppy. Adam Levine's vocals are great.

"They say that people in your life are seasons..and anything that happen is for a reason"

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I love POP SONG 89!
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Pop sucks
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hendrix78 wrote:
    I don't like any boy band or Britney Spears type pop, but I love Prince's classic stuff and a fair amount of old school Michael Jackson. Billie Jean is one of the greatest songs ever.

I love Prince. :) and Michael Jackson is good aswell, the older stuff..

and I must admit that I like Hanson.. lol. the Moffatts.. :o:D I used to be a huge fan when I was younger so I've got some albums. :D and I give them a listen every now and then. :p

Justin Timberlake is quite good aswell. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Prince and MJ are great... but i wouldnt really put them in the 'pop' category, they're old skool proper pop. :D

JT and Hanson are though, and i dunno who the Moffats are, lol.
  • PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    chris01 wrote:
    Ok, its own up time, lol.

What song(s) do you like that you wouldnt normally like.... or admit to liking. :D

To get the ball rolling.... im digging that 'How to Save a Life' song by The Fray. I heard it on Scrubs last week and wondered who it was.

Doesnt have to be a song thats out right now....c'mon all you N'Sync fans, fess up. :p

For some reason I like that song too. Another one I hate to admit but I like is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Pop 1 - Tomahawk
    Pop Song 89 - REM
    Popopolis - the Rheostatics
    Jesus/Pop - Set Fire To Flames
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • the shins are pure pop music, and it's great.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    chris01 wrote:
    Prince and MJ are great... but i wouldnt really put them in the 'pop' category, they're old skool proper pop. :D

JT and Hanson are though, and i dunno who the Moffats are, lol.

but they all are pop. :p some just a different kind of pop (old school etc.) and some better than others. :D:p:)

lol. well, the Moffatts were a brother-band who were really big when I was a kid. which was.. holy shite, 10 years ago!! :eek: :p

http://members.tripod.com/~MoffattsSDCB/peacethumb.bmp :D:D:D:D

EDIT: just in case that pic won't work.. http://www.teenidols4you.com/thumb/Actors/the_moffatts/MOFGRP1.jpg
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    Forgive me father, for I have sinned...

Michael Jackson used to be my favourite artist when I was like 12...

And I still dance to Black & White. GREAT SONG. Poor Jacko turned weird though...
  • Prince is brilliant...I have about 25 or so of his CD's...

If Lenny Kravitz is pop, I like him too.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • JT-everything except Cry Me a River
    Michael Jackson-Billie Jean, Thriller, Bad, All J5
    Robbie Williams-first two albums
    Madonna-Anything pre-dating 1990
    Scissor Sisters-Comfortably Numb
    and Prince is fantastic.

..and for the record I am not gay.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Discotheque
    Do You Feel Loved
    Mofo
    Gone
    Miami
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    Please
    Wake Up Dead Man

'Pop' is seriously underrated.
  • hendrix78 wrote:
    I don't like any boy band or Britney Spears type pop, but I love Prince's classic stuff and a fair amount of old school Michael Jackson. Billie Jean is one of the greatest songs ever.
    Chris Cornell has a cover of billie Jean on his new album.

Honestly, I like "I Want It That Way" BSB. There I said it. I know it's tragic.
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • AndySlash wrote:
    Discotheque
    Do You Feel Loved
    Mofo
    Gone
    Miami
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    Please
    Wake Up Dead Man

'Pop' is seriously underrated.

It's a VERY underrated album...good to see you left The Playboy Mansion off of that list--what a horrible song
  • although i despise most pop music, there are a few songs every now and then that i do secretly like
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Take That are good.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Jellyrolls wrote:
    Just about anything fromi Justin Timberlakes solo stuff.

didn't have to scroll down far to find this. lol

i can't get 'my love' out of my head.

wish iTunes had the SNL guitar version to download. gggrrrrrr.
    white girl wants the guitar solo!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    Just about anything fromi Justin Timberlakes solo stuff.

hehe.
    Ok yes, it's time I come clean as well...this is definitely my guilty pop pleasure. :D:p
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    KLF 3 am eternal

dance mix 93
  • i like norah jones
  • PJ Pook wrote:
    For some reason I like that song too. Another one I hate to admit but I like is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.

Yeah :D
  • allornone wrote:
    i like norah jones

Me too. I love her voice. Kinda lazy and jazzy. I love her song, "Sinkin' Soon."

Oh, and embarassing admissions? I listen to some of Gwen Stefani's songs, and find myself singing them all day.
    How dark a woe! yet how sublime a hope!
    How silently serene a sea of pride!
    How daring an ambition! yet how deep--
    How fathomless a capacity for love!
  • HippyvikHippyvik Posts: 281
    Anything by Pulp for me, I think they're one of the greatest pop bands ever:)
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    the new my chemical romance album is a bit of a guilty pleasure as a whole. but actually....after listening to it it's difficult to call it a guilty pleasure because it's actually quite a descent album if you give it a chance. not a fan of their main genre at all, but you can hear many influences from some good bands on the new album.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    the new my chemical romance album is a bit of a guilty pleasure as a whole. but actually....after listening to it it's difficult to call it a guilty pleasure because it's actually quite a descent album if you give it a chance. not a fan of their main genre at all, but you can hear many influences from some good bands on the new album.
    agreed. went to go see them last night, and i have to say, i think im becoming a fan of theirs. i was expecting some kind of poppy thing but they rocked pretty good on some of their songs. . .
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Kelly Clarkson - that girl can sing her arse off!