The Decemberists

2»

Comments

• 3sheets wrote:
    how did Colbert put them in their place? i gotta know this b/c it's probably pretty damn funny.
    first he accused them of ripping off his 'green screen challenge' idea, and then he challenged the colbert nation to enter the Decemberists' green screen challenge and edit HIM into it :p

Then the decemberists challenged him to a guitar-off to which Colbert made a HILARIOUS 80's cheese rock music video for.. that led to a guitar-off on the report'.

The guy from the decemberists shreds, then colbert gets out there with the 12 neck guitar from the guy from Cheap Trick, pretends to sprain himself, and says "take it peter fill in for me!". Then Frampton comes out and destroys the guy from the Decemberists.

Ends in a jam on the Colbert theme song (apparently written by the guy from Cheap Trick) with Colbert (actually playing I think.. or maybe he was just working frampton's talk box), the guy from decemberists and cheap trick, and some other 'opening act' colbert called him. No idea who taht guy was.

Amazing episode :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    got the album yesterday, only listened to it twice so far.
    i'm impressed

standouts at this point:
    the crane wife 3
    the island
    o velecia!
    skankill butchers
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    glasshouse wrote:
    got the album yesterday, only listened to it twice so far.
    i'm impressed

standouts at this point:
    the crane wife 3
    the island
    o velecia!
    skankill butchers

Good songs. Although The Cran Wife 1 & 2 is far superior to The Crane Wife 3 IMO. I also ALWAYS get Yankee Bayonet in my head. And everyone is always asking me what I am singing at work. Shankhill Butchers is an awesome tune too.
    Cock Fight.