Hmmm... Dave's Chart Anyone?

UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
edited February 2007 in Other Music
OK, so this is probably the right arena for this? :o one for the stats people...

I keep my own charts based on time spent listening to albums, have done for a while... :o suppose when I lost interest in the main charts, it's based over a six month period with calcs and stuff thrown in to make the most recent months higher weighted...

January
Pos Last Album Artist
1 3 Reading Festival 27th August 2006 Pearl Jam
2 1 Dublin 23rd August 2006 Pearl Jam
3 43 Milan 17th September 2006 Pearl Jam
4 5 Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards Tom Waits
5 2 Black Holes And Revelations Muse
6 6 Pistoia 20th September 2006 Pearl Jam
7 - Modern Times Bob Dylan
8 4 Sam's Town The Killers
9 33 San Diego 7th July 2006 Pearl Jam
10 11 A Matter Of Life And Death Iron Maiden
11 49 Newcastle 19th November 2006 Pearl Jam
12 7 Endless Wire The Who
13 21 Time Out Of Mind Bob Dylan
14 - Tommy The Who
15 - Bootleg Series 4: Live At Albert Hall Bob Dylan
16 23 Born To Run Bruce Springsteen
17 8 Decoration Day Drive By Truckers
18 16 Living With War Neil Young
19 9 Stadium Arcadium RHCP
20 35 Love Beatles

Thoughts? :o:D
Astoria Crew
Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
Katowice, Wembley 07
SBE, Manchester, O2 09
Hyde Park 10
Manchester 1&2 12
This is just g'bye for now...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Too much Pearl Jam on that list.

Those are my thoughts.
    Cock Fight.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Tek Money wrote:
    Too much Pearl Jam on that list.

Those are my thoughts.

Yeah.. that's down to the high number of boots I've got at the moment :o

Take those out and you'd get some Hendrix, Crowes, Midlake and a bit more Waits, Dylan & Beatles...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • I really most of the rest of the list.

I have a question and I don't mean to sound like a jerk. But how do you listen to different bootlegs over and over? I mean it's generally the same songs over and over again. Maybe with a couple different. It would dirve me crazy.
    Cock Fight.
    Tek Money wrote:
    I really most of the rest of the list.

I have a question and I don't mean to sound like a jerk. But how do you listen to different bootlegs over and over? I mean it's generally the same songs over and over again. Maybe with a couple different. It would dirve me crazy.

Some of the boots are gigs I went to so they are easy to listen over, the others because they are sooooooo long score so highly for one or two listens and with the weighting effect if it's the current month then it propels it up the chart... ie boot = 2hrs = 4 x listens of 45 min album :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • It's whatever you like I suppose. Don't get me wrong I love Pearl Jam. But not that much apparently.
    Cock Fight.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Tek Money wrote:
    I really most of the rest of the list.

setlist is always different and each version has subtle differences/fuck ups/humourous/intense/cerebral moments... i listen to their boots quite a lot, and some gigs can be brilliant to hear live and each one is a document of its time...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Nice list. I keep a running list over at last.fm (see my sig), but I don't like how it calculates the album charts.

Great choice on the San Diego boot, it was a hell of a show.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    Nice list. I keep a running list over at last.fm (see my sig), but I don't like how it calculates the album charts.

Great choice on the San Diego boot, it was a hell of a show.

:cool: I guess that self calculates then?

Weekly is just too short a time period for me, even monthly, so much music, so little time... :o:D

And yeah San Diego is a killer gig ;)

edit: signed up on last.fm
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    UKDave wrote:

edit: signed up on last.fm

what is this last.fm thingy... please explain it to me someone?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    dunkman wrote:
    what is this last.fm thingy... please explain it to me someone?

Just gone and had a look it appears to be like a personal radio, it basically said type in the name of your favourite band, so I put PJ in and it started playing Am I Inside by Alice In Chains, and is now playing Flood by Tool.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Just gone and had a look it appears to be like a personal radio, it basically said type in the name of your favourite band, so I put PJ in and it started playing Am I Inside by Alice In Chains, and is now playing Flood by Tool.

Although I told it Pearl Jam was my favourite band nearly 2 hours ago it still has not played one song by them.:rolleyes:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I don't use it to listen to stuff I just use it (last.fm) to keep track of what I listen to of my own accord, obviously the problem is that it can only keep track of what you listen to on your computer but it's still cool
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    That and you are contributing to their information on listening habits so you can get similar music for yourself and share your's, quite a cool idea... there's 40 people signed up who are going to the Wembley gig for instance... :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I don't use it to listen to stuff I just use it (last.fm) to keep track of what I listen to of my own accord, obviously the problem is that it can only keep track of what you listen to on your computer but it's still cool

You can also have it count what you play on your iPod (or other mp3 player too). I use audioscrobbler on a mac to have it track my iPod listening.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    Guess you figured it out but I'm LeavinHere on Last.fm...

Was playing at the time :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • This is me on lastfm.com

http://www.last.fm/user/teknicolour/

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music.
    Cock Fight.