Police UK Tour

UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
edited March 2007 in Other Music
OK, scored 2 tickets for Twickenham but really want to go to Birmingham instead anyone up for a swap?
Astoria Crew
Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
Katowice, Wembley 07
SBE, Manchester, O2 09
Hyde Park 10
Manchester 1&2 12
This is just g'bye for now...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Sorry, no Birmingham, only Cardiff.

How hard was that to get tickets for? It was easier getting Astoria tickets!!!!

I managed to get two tickets after about 10 minutes through SeeTickets after Ticketmaster gave me a 12 minute wait time. Block L9 which is one block further away than I had hoped but it's cool.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Sorry, no Birmingham, only Cardiff.

How hard was that to get tickets for? It was easier getting Astoria tickets!!!!

I managed to get two tickets after about 10 minutes through SeeTickets after Ticketmaster gave me a 12 minute wait time. Block L9 which is one block further away than I had hoped but it's cool.

My wait time started at 15mins, went down to about 8 and then back up to 13-14, was all over the place :(

When is the Cardiff gig?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • wow, i had a wait time of 1 minute. Ticketmaster have never let me down when it comes to hot tickets. i think its worth paying that couple of pounds more for a more reliable service.
    BTW i got Birmingham but aint gonna swap them for anything. Back of the NIA is way better than being at the back of most arenas/stadiums
    wow, i had a wait time of 1 minute. Ticketmaster have never let me down when it comes to hot tickets. i think its worth paying that couple of pounds more for a more reliable service.
    BTW i got Birmingham but aint gonna swap them for anything. Back of the NIA is way better than being at the back of most arenas/stadiums

Yeah unfortuneatley it was a mare getting into work this morning so didn't get online until 9:02 which was late enough to put me back in the queue.

The reason for the Birmingham date is partly the venue, I agree but also the fact that it's the girlfriends birthday on 4th Sept...

From what I can see the Twickenham tickets were more expensive too :o

Anyway hope you enjoy it, and hopefully someone will need Twickenham instead :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Dave, if not a swap, I'm sure nearer the time tickets will be up for grabs for b'ham and you'll be able to sell your Twickenham ones (I'll sit in my garden and if the wind is blowing in the right direction, I might hear something... worked for Stones and U2!)
    redrock wrote:
    Dave, if not a swap, I'm sure nearer the time tickets will be up for grabs for b'ham and you'll be able to sell your Twickenham ones (I'll sit in my garden and if the wind is blowing in the right direction, I might hear something... worked for Stones and U2!)

Yeah possibly, then again there's always ebay but I didn't want to go down that route... :( :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    UKDave wrote:
    Yeah possibly, then again there's always ebay but I didn't want to go down that route... :( :o

a bit closer to the time keep on eye on http://www.scarletmist.co.uk
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    UKDave wrote:

Nah... no ebay.... then you'll just have to come to twickenham!
    Chime wrote:
    a bit closer to the time keep on eye on http://www.scarletmist.co.uk

Cool cheers :D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    redrock wrote:
    Nah... no ebay.... then you'll just have to come to twickenham!

That is a Saturday as well so some plusses ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:

When is the Cardiff gig?

not until Friday 19th October....at least it's a Friday night though :)

I'm hoping there's going to be some decent support acts on these shows too....I read somewhere they've got the Foo Fighters opening for them in the states
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    For charging up to £85 a ticket they can go fuck themselves.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
    Binaural wrote:
    For charging up to £85 a ticket they can go fuck themselves.

I agree....it's expensive but if you want to see these people then that's the price you've got to pay.

I know people who will flat out refuse to pay these prices to see bands with the attitude that if more people were like them then the prices would come down. I feel they're fighting a losing battle, these shows sold out in hours so there are plenty of people who will pay this money so if you can't beat em, you gotta join em if you want to see the band.

I think it's only a matter of time before a ticket for a standard arena show costs £80. For example, tickets for Pearl Jam at Wembley Arena are double the price they were for their 2000 UK shows.....by 2014, we'll be paying £80 to see them and many other acts

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    UKDave wrote:
    That is a Saturday as well so some plusses ;)

I live within walking distance... ;):D
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I agree....it's expensive but if you want to see these people then that's the price you've got to pay.

I know people who will flat out refuse to pay these prices to see bands with the attitude that if more people were like them then the prices would come down. I feel they're fighting a losing battle, these shows sold out in hours so there are plenty of people who will pay this money so if you can't beat em, you gotta join em if you want to see the band.

I think it's only a matter of time before a ticket for a standard arena show costs £80. For example, tickets for Pearl Jam at Wembley Arena are double the price they were for their 2000 UK shows.....by 2014, we'll be paying £80 to see them and many other acts
    The only reason I believe Wembley was so expensive this time round was because of the fact that the stadium is new, and seeing as there were problems with scheduling etc in its construction the operaters will be trying to push the price of tickets for4 events in the arena up. I know that there are plenty of people willing to take my ticket for shows like The Police etc but they can have them, on a personal level I am not letting a group of strangers insult and manipulate me by charging such an extorionate amount.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07