Arctic Monyes

edited March 2007 in Other Music
What's up guys, so we all here obviously are great PJ fans. That's for sure! And I can bet that all of you consider yourselfs the #1 fan.
But, we all obviously listen to diffrent stuff from time to time. I love ohter grunge bands form the 90s (except Nirvana, I just can't listen to them anymore, maybe when i was like 14, but not no longer!) , My Morning Jacket is another great band, anyway I'll go straight to my point or I'll start drifting...

Arctic Monkeys, a british band. They're really good, I'm really starting to know them, I've been listening them for about a month. It's an indie rock type of band, I think formed on 2002.

Anyway, you can check them out here

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3F5emj8srAo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GF978AgLyaY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SEukS2YN9B8

or just type Arctic Monyeks on youtube

Let me know what you think!

Cheers
JR
JRM
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Good band, not quite as good as the hype around them, but they are still good. Their album last year was one of the better straight up rock debuts I've heard in a while. They have another album coming out this year.

My Morning Jacket is quite good as well!
  • CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    They are much like about two dozen other 'brit bands' that have all cropped up lately. None are anything special, I mean they all have a couple of semi-decent songs, but that's about it.

Of course the complete and total over-exposure they get here doesn't help in the least. There's only so many times you can hear a decent song on the radio before you begin cursing it's very existence.
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • CM1847 wrote:
    Good band, not quite as good as the hype around them, but they are still good. Their album last year was one of the better straight up rock debuts I've heard in a while.

well put
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    already checked them out.i like them. they're fun, inoffensive and catchy as hell. clever writing too.
    but contrary to what alex turner says, i do not look good on the dancefloor. :D

oh and all the people who go on about hype surrounding a band should stop listening to the media. haven't you learned anything?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    lol liek artic monkleys are soooo rad and post-brit punk. wow are theiy somthing!

Not. Fake Tales of San Francisco is their only good song, and even that isn't super-impressive.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Already checked them out, already saw them live last March, already sold.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Great Band, best 1-8 punch on an album since Avacado*. "View from the afternoon" rocks harder than the Foo Fighter circa 'Colour and the Shape'. "Fake Tales from San Francisco" grooves like the Chili Peppers used to, and "riot Van" sounds like.....um....well,............. that song sounds like crap.

*Edit: Now that I think about it it probably came out before Avacado.
  • their new one, Briansong, is pretty good.
    I dig the Arctic Monkeys. They're pretty efficient in getting out their new album, just a year after their first one, and seem pretty unpretentious in the way they go about things for a bunch of people around my age.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • I've already posted on this board about my distaste for The Arctic Monkeys. I think they just appealed to a British public desperate for something to replace the Libertines (who were only marginally better).

But then, I don't like much of these Brit-indie bands anyways. Or Arcade Fire, for that matter. I should stop talking now...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I also dig Mardy Bum off their first album. Probably my favorite.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II