Brendon Benson

SlowFadeSlowFade Posts: 75
edited July 2007 in Other Music
anyone else here a fan of this guy? The alternative to love album is great, lots of beatles/elliott smith influence, with a little racountuers sound.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    edit that. I'm thinking of george
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Laplaco is far superior from Alternative to Love. Pick that up if you're into him.
  • Laplaco is far superior from Alternative to Love. Pick that up if you're into him.

definitely. one mississippi is better than alternative to love as well.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Laplaco is far superior from Alternative to Love. Pick that up if you're into him.

I wouldn't go as far to say its far superior. Superior yes, but Alternative to Love is a good album. Its very different from his previous two since it has a lot more production to it, but its still a really good album. I can't wait for his new album. Hopefully it comes out before the end of the year.

Lapalco and One Mississippi/Wellfed Boy EP are amazing albums though - full of pop music along the lines of The Beatles and The Who. I love it.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    I Really like what he did with the Raconteurs... I don't really know HIS stuff