GNR .. Chinese Democracy .. ever?

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited September 2007 in Other Music
i know this has been discussed before, but i felt the need to make a thread. lately i've been listening to the song 'better' by the new gnr and it's amazing. i thought about it, and i realized i never really kept up with the whole Chinese Democracy thing..so really, is it ever going to be released? time period?
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If it's coming out this year we'll find out in the 11 days, I imagine. Eventually it will come out as Axl owes the record company 13 plus million in recording fees. Honestly, I don't know why it's not out yet. There is no doubt that Axl is sitting on an amazing album and I don't know why he just doesn't release it. The Blues, Madagascar, TWAT, Chinese Democracy, Better, Catcher In The Rye, and IRS are all kick ass songs, and apparently Axl's got better songs than all of those. Unfortunately for all us GnR fans Axl suffers from manic depression and this album may never be good enough in his mind. Oh well, it'll leak eventually so we just have to shine it on a little longer I guess.
  • i still cant wait, its gonna be great!

axle owes a million dollars for every year hes made us wait.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    Honestly, I don't know why it's not out yet.

After working on this project for so long and all the hype that surrounds it, Axl will have to go back to the drawing board once this album is released. I think he's enjoying the drawn-out media hype that has surrounded this album for well over a decade.

Someone must tell him to piss or get off the pot. We're all enablers. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    13 million in recording fees!!!!!! :eek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    13 million in recording fees!!!!!! :eek:

Who's producing this thing? Eric Murphy?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• well i think the name should be changed when released if ever. now it should be called : longest produced, most anticipated, most expensive, f 'n music of the century.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • I hope not, Axl and his band are a complete fuckin joke, its not 1987 anymore so this shit music that has been 10 years in the making is no longer relevant.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I hope not, Axl and his band are a complete fuckin joke, its not 1987 anymore so this shit music that has been 10 years in the making is no longer relevant.

You like Oasis, guy. It's not the 1960s anymore.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.

Axl's unreleased songs such as Better and Catcher In The Rye are far superior than anything out there right now. You can talk all the shit you want about Axl but the man is still a great fucking songwriter and rock legend... Even Liam Gallagher would tell you that Axl's the shit. You can't deny that these are some great tunes.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fmRSuVpyxVw
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=u0neMmTcpAo&mode=related&search=
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    Honestly, I don't know why it's not out yet. There is no doubt that Axl is sitting on an amazing album and I don't know why he just doesn't release it.
    Cause he's still fucking about with the album. The version of twat that leaked last year was amazing, perfect but not to Axl. The version that leaked this year had some industrial sounding guitars added to it and it definitely is a poorer version.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    I like the cult status this record is already getting...."the record that never was a record"
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • According to Play.com the release date is now 11th Febuary 08.

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1125209/Chinese-Democracy/Product.html
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    According to Play.com the release date is now 11th Febuary 08.

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1125209/Chinese-Democracy/Product.html
    bah! fuckin ridiculous, was supposed to have been march gone,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • elmer wrote:
    bah! fuckin ridiculous, was supposed to have been march gone,,,,,,,,,,,,

lol.:)
  • I think it's simply a case that he's shit scared the album's gonna bomb - he needs to just grow some balls and release the damn thing! It's gonna sell millions of copies regardless of whether it's any good or not. I've never been a huge fan, but the new stuff I've heard sounds decent enough.
  • I think it's simply a case that he's shit scared the album's gonna bomb - he needs to just grow some balls and release the damn thing! It's gonna sell millions of copies regardless of whether it's any good or not. I've never been a huge fan, but the new stuff I've heard sounds decent enough.

The annoying thing is play have this for pre order which is likely not to happen, yet they dont have Eddies new album.:(
  • The annoying thing is play have this for pre order which is likely not to happen, yet they dont have Eddies new album.:(

that's pretty fuckin stupid! it's not like Chinese Democracy is actually going to be released on that date anyway!
  • that's pretty fuckin stupid! it's not like Chinese Democracy is actually going to be released on that date anyway!

Tell me about it, play is where I usually get my stuff from online just been on a mission over there pre ordered the DVD along with Pirates of The Carribean 3, the Foos new album and PES 2008 for the PS3, would have stuck the solo album on aswell but I cant.:( Will have to order from CD wow instead.

Edit: Or maybe not: http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/9127/10151/CD-WOW-goes-into-receivership.phtml :(:(
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    This album will never come out lol, but you gotta love axl rose, hype, hype and more hype over an album that will never come out.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Remember when The Offspring thought about releasing one of their albums as Chinese Democracy?

That would have been ballsy.

PBM

• Remember when The Offspring thought about releasing one of their albums as Chinese Democracy?

That would have been ballsy.

PBM

Tit for tat given Axl copied the singers corn rows.:)
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Do we really care?
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Do we really care?

I'm gonna go post "who cares?!?!?" in all the threads about the bands you like that I don't give a fuck about.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    TWAT is a pretty sweet song, up there with the old stuff, imo, but Axl was wantin a more industrial sound, so who knows what the unheard songs sound like.

They need to get the old band together, either version really, and go on tour. Axl can still do it if he gets in tip top shape.

Rocknroll needs a band like the old GnR. Now, more than ever.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    haven't you guys gotten it yet? think about it..the album is called chinese democracy.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i know this has been discussed before, but i felt the need to make a thread. lately i've been listening to the song 'better' by the new gnr and it's amazing. i thought about it, and i realized i never really kept up with the whole Chinese Democracy thing..so really, is it ever going to be released? time period?

There was a time I followed everything about Chinese Democracy. I gave up.
    'There Was A Time' and 'Better' still rock.
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself