Van Morrison

pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Just got back from his concert in Detroit - WOW! Great show and he sounded fantastic. I have wanted to see him for quite some time and can't think of anyone else that I need to see in concert. Missed my chance at Led Zeppelin in '77 so this was it for my must see list for the moment.
If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• how long did he play? I saw him in Seattle and while he sounded great, he played for less than 90 minutes, with the tickets costing between $95-225, I felt cheated a bit.
    pearljim wrote:
    Just got back from his concert in Detroit - WOW! Great show and he sounded fantastic. I have wanted to see him for quite some time and can't think of anyone else that I need to see in concert. Missed my chance at Led Zeppelin in '77 so this was it for my must see list for the moment.
  • I found myself singing Into the Mystic the other day driving around town. He's amazing. I have not heard for myself, but I have heard his recent stuff is just solid.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Van's music is perfect for driving through the backroads of the midwest on a sunny summer day. I'm sure some jammers can relate to how an artist fits a situation perfectly.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    how long did he play? I saw him in Seattle and while he sounded great, he played for less than 90 minutes, with the tickets costing between $95-225, I felt cheated a bit.

Nothing compares to Pearl Jam when it comes to length of shows. Van played 1 hour 45 minutes. His backup musicians were top notch also. The venue seats appx. 3500 and the acoustics were right on. PJ played a show there in '94 (Masonic Temple).
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Just found out recently that Van is playing at the same rodeo arena in Kissimmee, Florida in January that PJ played on the VFC tour. Seems like an odd venue for Van.....

He's also been dabbling in some country tunes lately, did he play a lot of his old stuff or mostly new stuff, or was it just a nice blend of both?
  • I got a blend of new and old when I saw him.
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Just found out recently that Van is playing at the same rodeo arena in Kissimmee, Florida in January that PJ played on the VFC tour. Seems like an odd venue for Van.....

He's also been dabbling in some country tunes lately, did he play a lot of his old stuff or mostly new stuff, or was it just a nice blend of both?
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Yeah it was a nice mix of old/new. Of course I would have loved a PJ length show of his old stuff :)

Roberto Clemente.
  • brown eyed girl makes me want to vomit

he has some great tunes though, just not that one.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times