Idlewild

WUJam'sWUJam's Posts: 2
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Did any other Pearl Jam fans get to catch Idlewild open up for PJ back in there 2003 summer tour? What did you think of Idlewild? I have only found one of their CDs here state side.
Rocking out with my PEARL JAM OUT... Life in the midwest is great.

I love the K.C. Royals!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    all the songs that i've heard by them i liked.

'i'm a message, american english, etc...'

but my fav. is 'love steal us from loneliness'.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Every album of theirs is awesome. I lean more towards "100 Broken Windows", "Remote Part" is a good album, but kind of poppy, "Hope is Important" is a lot like "100 Broken Windows" in the raw sound. "Warnings/Promises" is probably my second favourite CD of theirs, some of the songs on their are just unreal. I would love it if they would come stateside again
  • Have you ever gotten ill and known the exact second that it happened that 'omg, i just got sick this very minute'? This happened to me while Idlewild was on stage at the Chicago '03 show. I'm not making any joke about them being bad and giving me a fever, from what i remember, they were rocking; just one of those freak things that kept me from really enoying/remembering the second half of their set.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    Idlewild kicks ass. Buy all their albums. Order them off the internet if you have to. Heres a sampling to get you started. Just click the "down" arrows at the right side of the screen to get the songs
    http://idisk.mac.com/vish1-Public
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I think they got dropped by their record company recently. Sure theyl get another one pretty easily though.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I saw them open for REM last year, and they were good. The Remote Part is a good album.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    stu gee wrote:
    I think they got dropped by their record company recently. Sure theyl get another one pretty easily though.
    I dont think they got dropped from their label. Just let their contract run out. Not sure who they'll sign with next. Hopefully, the new label will be behind them this time
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I bought the remote part after seeing Idlewild open for Pearl jam in Dallas. They put on a really good show I thought. Seems like they have more of an agressive edge with their live shows.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    They should have a new cd out later this year or early next year....should be a good one
  • selfself Posts: 64
    The Remote Part is a brilliant album. Just a really good summery type album.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    They're a really good band. I was at a barbecue over the weekend and "Roseability" came on, and I said, "I love this song! Good taste!" Then I realized I had made the mix a while back for the people hosting the party. Oops.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • I saw a bit of them at the Cambridge Folk Festival. Pity they were on at the same time as Christy Moore, on another stage. I might have caught more of them. They sounded good.
    I've posted mp3's of 06.01.03. Idlewild opening for Pearl Jam in Mountain View, CA
  • WUJam's wrote:
    Did any other Pearl Jam fans get to catch Idlewild open up for PJ back in there 2003 summer tour? What did you think of Idlewild? I have only found one of their CDs here state side.
    The Buzzcocks opened for the concert I attended during that tour. I enjoyed them.

A friend of mine, who I met about a year and a half ago, is a big Idlewild fan, so she has got me into them. I think they're fantastic, and as much as I enjoyed the Buzzcocks, I sometimes wish that Idlewild opened in Toronto.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
    I hope you all got a chance to grab the Mountain View show. I've put up a new one from last year in San Diego at a little place called the Casbah. Enjoy
    Idlewild opening for PJ in Las Vegas (2003)
    hello idlewild lovers. i posted a new bottleg on my idisk. it is the 04/28/05 Dublin, Ireland show. hope you enjoy

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    downloading it now. thanks man.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute