Check out Conan tonight!!

concretepillowconcretepillow Posts: 264
edited May 2007 in Other Music
The Avett Brothers will be appearing on LATE NIGHT WITH CONAN O'BRIEN this Friday, May 11th. The show airs on NBC at 12:35 ESt.

http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Cona ... ndex.shtml
Go see The Avett Brothers!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Updated link, don't know how long it will work.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SFlH64YyvIc
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    So seriously, which one of the brothers are you?
  • Pretty funny.
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    CM1847 wrote:
    So seriously, which one of the brothers are you?
    I've been thinking the same thing for a long time now,lol.
  • I've been thinking the same thing for a long time now,lol.
    Get it alot for some reason. Can't help spreading the word about these guys!
    Seriously though, they don't need to waste their time with posting on a messageboard.
  • Especially when there are idiots like me who do it just beacause I want some other people to try and enjoy their music!
  • i saw it, those guys suck in my opinion but whatever floats your boat holmes.
    At least you checked it out. You've decided they suck by that one song and performance? I hope I can one day be that insightful.
  • i saw it, those guys suck in my opinion but whatever floats your boat holmes.
    I actually was wondering if you did watch it. I watched it again and like I said, it may not be everyone's cup of tea obviously. Even if you don't like them, they couldn't be further from sucking! Watch it again and listen to how creative the lyrics are and that they completely rock!!
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    People might be more receptive if you just casually metioned the band in general music threads rather than pushing them on us. This is a Pearl Jam message board after all. You can't really expect the masses to be drawn to a band with such heavy bluegrass influences. Some people simply do not like that sort of thing. I fully support the spread of other kinds of music around here, but it helps to be realistic.

Anyway, it just so happens I bought Emotionalism the other day. I'm rather enjoying it so far. I'll probably buy the other albums eventually. Sorry I missed them on Conan.
  • soclose wrote:
    People might be more receptive if you just casually metioned the band in general music threads rather than pushing them on us. This is a Pearl Jam message board after all. You can't really expect the masses to be drawn to a band with such heavy bluegrass influences. Some people simply do not like that sort of thing. I fully support the spread of other kinds of music around here, but it helps to be realistic.

Anyway, it just so happens I bought Emotionalism the other day. I'm rather enjoying it so far. I'll probably buy the other albums eventually. Sorry I missed them on Conan.

Not trying to push them but I can't help trying to get people to see these guys live. I love PJ and that's why I started posting here. I never really thought I would get into a band like this. The thing is that the more I listened to these guys the more I realized that they don't fit in any category and that intrigued me. Once you see them live and all the energy they pour into everything most people get it. I think the folk rock comes out more than the bluegrass. I was at the NYC show last Saturday and it was packed and they rocked!!

If you like Emotionalism, I think you'll appreciate the rest of their albums.