John & Yoko 'Two Virgins' cover

sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
edited March 2008 in Other Music
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/48/TwoVCover.jpg
I'm interested to hear peoples views on this cover. A daring move for sure, but what was the message? I admire John for doing this. I think he was showing he was unashamed and uncompromising with his ideals. It seems absurd to me that this caused an outrage. The album was consequently sold in paper bags! I mean how can people be outraged by their own human nature?

I love John!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I don't have any problem with nudity at all. That cover is a bit overly hairy though. Besides, have you ever listened to it? THAT is offensive. It's fucking appalling. I'm all for avant-garde music and consider Noise a viable genre. I listen to 80s period Boredoms and Merzbow. Lennon was a pop musician though, not an avant-garde musician.

:D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • I can't remember anything to this very day except the look . . . the look . . . you know where.

Now I can't see.

I just stare.
  • Every time i look at it, all i can think is "wow, Yoko Ono had a hideous body even in her 20s. Why the hell was a millionaire musician with THAT?"
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I can't remember anything to this very day except the look . . . the look . . . you know where.

Now I can't see.

I just stare.

Ha ha! All a bit unnecessary really!
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Every time i look at it, all i can think is "wow, Yoko Ono had a hideous body even in her 20s. Why the hell was a millionaire musician with THAT?"

hehehehehehee, love is blind my friend!!

VERY BLIND!! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • hehehehehehee, love is blind my friend!!

VERY BLIND!! :)

But where did that love come from?

have you heard her speak? she is annoying too.

so she's ugly, has a horrible body, and talks really annoying.

i think john lennon may have been a tad pretentious and may have only been with her because she was an artist.

Because i see no other redeeming qualities.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    But where did that love come from?

have you heard her speak? she is annoying too.

so she's ugly, has a horrible body, and talks really annoying.

i think john lennon may have been a tad pretentious and may have only been with her because she was an artist.

Because i see no other redeeming qualities.

Have you heard her sing???? :eek:
    he loved her....but they separated in the mid 70's before Sean was born and he lived with another gal for about 11 months or so....so maybe he wasn't in love after all! Who knows.... but seriously John was a bit weird himself!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Have you heard her sing???? :eek:
    he loved her....but they separated in the mid 70's before Sean was born and he lived with another gal for about 11 months or so....so maybe he wasn't in love after all! Who knows.... but seriously John was a bit weird himself!!

but he got back together with her. why do that if you dont love someone? obviously the connection was there. whatever that connection was, who are we to judge it?

Every time i look at it, all i can think is "wow, Yoko Ono had a hideous body even in her 20s. Why the hell was a millionaire musician with THAT?"

actually joe, yoko was in her mid 30s when that album came out.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • 30s?

well she looks like she's in her 60s. awful body. awful.
  • GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    I heard that she just turned 75.
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    i think he was very much in love with her when they first met.....

i think he was attracted to what made her different, this is all just guesses of course, ive read a few books on him and yeah he had his problems too and wasnt a particularly nice guy at times, but, man what a musician and what a legacy.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Yoko Ono should have changed her name to Ugg Li
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Yoko Ono should have changed her name to Ugg Li

let he who casts the first stone...
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BibbsBibbs Posts: 229
    let he who casts the first stone...

be awesome at skimming
    ••• Immortality •••
    www.myspace.com/kosmicjelli
  • Bibbs wrote:
    be awesome at skimming

Awesome response!
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"