anyone going to see G n R ??

tombrady12tombrady12 Posts: 57
edited October 2006 in Other Music
I am thinking about it even though its almost like seeing a G n R cover band. Also, who knows how long Axl will come on and how long he'll play. Thats one thing alot of us take for granted about PJ I think. They always play a long show and don't leave the stage for some fucked up reason ala Axl.
"if you hate something don't you do it too.." "You wanta toe? i can get you toe. Believe me there are ways Dude.."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• didn't gnr die?

I think that that died almost a decade ago.
    the Minions
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I heard it is bad, but I'm still tempted....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • I've been hearing that they have been pretty good.. playing 2 to 2 1/2 hour sets and that Axl sounds really good as well as the band...but do come on late as usual...not sure how that can be considering some of the arenas these days have a curfew. I am thinking about going to see them too...saw them back in 92 twice the tour with Metallica and they were f'kn awesome. Just too bad Axl is an asshole at times...all the fame and fortune went to his head.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • bump
    "if you hate something don't you do it too.." "You wanta toe? i can get you toe. Believe me there are ways Dude.."
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm going to the NJ show. I'm really excited about it. Just check out videos on YouTube- they sound really great.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Anyone saying this band does'nt sound good is not giving it a fair shake or hasn't seen them

They sound good, they play together - and no, Axl does'nt flake out ( at least not this year! ) anymore

I'm going to MSG and I cannot wait
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i've got tickets for the toronto show.
  • lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    I'm going to see them in Halifax.

3 Canadian shows announced, (so far? maybe?) and HALIFAX of all places is one!
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    lukin14 wrote:
    I'm going to see them in Halifax.

3 Canadian shows announced, (so far? maybe?) and HALIFAX of all places is one!

THis is all of the Canadian dates, not all have been officially announced yet.

November
    11/15/06 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
    11/17/06 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank
    11/18/06 Quebec Colisee Pepsi
    11/20/06 Halifax, NS Halifax Metro Centre

December
    12/4/06 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
    12/6/06 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome
    12/7/06 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

Also if you go to the new GNR website they are putting up live videos from Europe

http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp
    click on watch video and you get the whole 7:44 video with Izzy.
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    I am going to the Tampa show, my friend won tickets on the radio. But I probably would have gone anyway.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    holtz wrote:
    THis is all of the Canadian dates, not all have been officially announced yet.

November
    11/15/06 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
    11/17/06 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank
    11/18/06 Quebec Colisee Pepsi
    11/20/06 Halifax, NS Halifax Metro Centre

December
    12/4/06 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
    12/6/06 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome
    12/7/06 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

Ok, so, wow, no Montreal? I figured Montreal would be a given, but nice to see Quebec City get a bit of love too. Maybe cause Ottawa is right handy to Montreal, they picked Quebec City to get some of the New Brunswickers and Northern Quebecers.

After the last attempt, I can understand not doing Vancouver, they probably refused to book GnR after the riot when Axl failed to show a few years ago.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Yep...I'll be there in Nashville on 10.22. Sixth row side stage. I'm pretty psyched.
  • Going to the tour opener (is that really accurate, though, seeing as they just played a bunch of shows last month?). I got the cheap seats, but if Jacksonville behaves as normal (poor to mediocre attendance), I may get upgraded at the door.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • draperdraper Posts: 39
    I can't pass it up. I saw them so many years ago, and I know it's not the same, but I need to be there... good or bad.
    One is too many and a thousand never enough