Arcade Fire Are Awsome!!!!!!!!

celticfan7777celticfan7777 Posts: 17
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I just got there first two albums and they are really fantastic. I can't believe it took me so long to get into these guys. Any other fans out there. If so have you seen them live.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I like them too. Never seen them live. But they seem to be the worlds biggest band at this point, much like u2 was around 2000-2004 or so. They are creating a ton of buzz and hype and alot of it is deserved. Great band.
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    they seem to be the worlds biggest band at this point, much like u2 was around 2000-2004 or so.

Lets not get crazy now...
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    releeseme wrote:
    Lets not get crazy now...

lol

They may have the most buzz in the world right now with their new album just released. They are not quite selling out arenas yet though :)

they are very good live band i've seen them once a couple years ago and i'm very excited to see them again in May.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I love Arcade Fire! The new album is BRILLIANT! I hope they continue to expand on what they brought to the table for Neon Bible.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    they are at worst staggeringly amazing live, one of the best shows of the year in 05, and this was in the worst venue in town
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    I just got there first two albums and they are really fantastic. I can't believe it took me so long to get into these guys. Any other fans out there. If so have you seen them live.

Lots of other threads on them. Do a search. Yes, both albums are completely and utterly fantastic. I like Neon Bible even more than Funeral, and I wouldn't have previously thought that possible. In terms of live shows, I go to a ton of concerts, and I put them on equal footing with Pearl Jam as the best live act in the world. They leave me speechless and euphoric every time.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    They are pretty good..but they do have some wanky indi-isms that are rather annoying. The girl who does backing vocals should shut the fuck up sometimes. And they should wear normal clothes and not dress like Men Without Hats.

Other than that they have some very good songs.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Igottago wrote:
    They are pretty good..but they do have some wanky indi-isms that are rather annoying. The girl who does backing vocals should shut the fuck up sometimes. And they should wear normal clothes and not dress like Men Without Hats.

Other than that they have some very good songs.

Wow... the harmonies in their music are some of the best parts. And who cares how they dress? The music is the part I am interested in.
    Cock Fight.
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Tek Money wrote:
    Wow... the harmonies in their music are some of the best parts. And who cares how they dress? The music is the part I am interested in.

Agreed. The harmonies are fantastic. I love Regine's vocals.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    they are at worst staggeringly amazing live, one of the best shows of the year in 05, and this was in the worst venue in town

yeah I seen em at the uni here and it was packed almost to the point where I couldn't breathe.... suffice to say it was an amazing show... but the show at Vegoose 05 .. I was so damn blown away. Most of the crowd were just getting into em.. they weren't huge in the states like in canada yet so it was a perfect setting to see them

their new album has grown a lot on me... i really like it and want to hear some of the new stuff live!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • I just listened to the album Funeral for the first time the whole way through, since hearing all the hype surrounding them. I don't know why, but it just did not impress me all that much. The only stand out track to me was the song Rebellion. Really enjoyed that tune. Maybe I just have to give it a few more spins, but I was severely disappointed after the 1st spin.
    Drunk by noon but that's ok
    I'll be president someday

I have been to, and have the following posters framed:
    Hartford 96,
    Boston 98, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2006
    I just listened to the album Funeral for the first time the whole way through, since hearing all the hype surrounding them. I don't know why, but it just did not impress me all that much. The only stand out track to me was the song Rebellion. Really enjoyed that tune. Maybe I just have to give it a few more spins, but I was severely disappointed after the 1st spin.

I used to really think they were overrated when I first heard Funeral... they got HUGE here.. even on mainstream radio and tv and stuff... it took seeing them live for me to really appreciate that album.. its grown on me a lot since then and now I love it.. I'd say try and catch a show if not a few more listens and it'll probably grow on you
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The only thing I've seen of them was their recent SNL performance... heresy, I know. But it didn't really strike me as that great at all. It seemed like they just try too hard to be different.

I shouldn't judge though, on account of the fact that I've only heard two songs.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    DOSW wrote:
    The only thing I've seen of them was their recent SNL performance... heresy, I know. But it didn't really strike me as that great at all. It seemed like they just try too hard to be different.

I shouldn't judge though, on account of the fact that I've only heard two songs.

Yeah, I thought they kind of sucked on SNL. Their albums are much better!
  • reblfanreblfan Posts: 90
    I just listened to the album Funeral for the first time the whole way through, since hearing all the hype surrounding them. I don't know why, but it just did not impress me all that much. The only stand out track to me was the song Rebellion. Really enjoyed that tune. Maybe I just have to give it a few more spins, but I was severely disappointed after the 1st spin.

I really felt the same way as you after my first listen. I've now listened to it all the way through 5 times now. I must say that it has grown on me. There are about 4-5 songs that I would say are amazing....the rest are just ok. Maybe their live shows are what makes everyone praise them so much? I saw a video of them performing 'Wake Up' with David Bowie which was pretty awesome.
    I haven't heard the new album, so I can't judge it yet.
    "Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    arcade fire are straight out awesome. totally dig their 2 albums. They are BRILLIANT!

Seen them live in 2005 (@ Pukkelpop) and they were the best concert experience I had that year and I went to 3 major european festivals and at least a dozen great gigs...
    reblfan wrote:
    I really felt the same way as you after my first listen. I've now listened to it all the way through 5 times now. I must say that it has grown on me. There are about 4-5 songs that I would say are amazing....the rest are just ok. Maybe their live shows are what makes everyone praise them so much? I saw a video of them performing 'Wake Up' with David Bowie which was pretty awesome.

The live show definitely helps.... even still I think you'll find yourself listening to the album more and more though.. its a grower.. as for the new one.. I'd maybe let Funeral sink in before tackling that one ;)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Ocean of Noise is a fucking brilliant song.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • I saw them on Monday at the Barrowlands in Glasgow. They are absoloutely phenomenal. Definitely a band to see live if u can. The crowd were blown away (Win jumped into the crowd at the end of Wake Up) rather dangerous lol..

Took my musically deprived sister along....she thought they were amish!!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    reblfan wrote:

Same for me, after first listen I didn't understand why everyone was so nutty about this band, but after a few more listens I understand. However, I do think that the new album is much weaker than the first.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra