The Beta Band?

Wasted LifeWasted Life Posts: 10
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Anybody like the beta band? i love 'em. i only got the Hot Shots 2 CD, though and was wondering if there was any other albums besides The Three EP's CD.

oh, and whats your favorite Beta Band songs?

Fav. Songs of mine:Squares, Dragon, Al Sharp, and Human Being.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Anybody like the beta band? i love 'em. i only got the Hot Shots 2 CD, though and was wondering if there was any other albums besides The Three EP's CD.

oh, and whats your favorite Beta Band songs?

Fav. Songs of mine:Squares, Dragon, Al Sharp, and Human Being.

I have a couple of other cd's. "The Beta Band" (1999) and "Heroes to Zeroes" (2004). If you like Hot Shots, you should give the others a try. I also noticed they have a Greatest Hits-type compilation out now.
    Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... I love what you do for me Toyota - Wesley Willis
  • Rob Gordon: I will now sell four copies of "The Three EPs" by The Beta Band.
    Dick: Go for it.
    [Rob plays the record]
    Championship Vinyl Customer: Who is this?
    Rob Gordon: The Beta Band.
    Championship Vinyl Customer: It's good.
    Rob Gordon: I know.
  • 10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    like them a lot. Like 'Easy.'
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    B + A best pondering life song ever
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    One year after this thread, and I am just hearing the beta band.

I liked "needles in my eyes" from the brokedown melody soundtrack and it peaked my interest into finding some more from this band, only to find out they are no longer together?

i'm thinking of just doing the greatest hits cd or whatever it is they have out. best idea??
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    They're one of my favorite bands ever.
    Also check out King Biscuit Time. It's Steve Mason (lead singer/guitar) other project.

I just love "Heros to Zeros". I put that album away for a few years, and just revived it the other day. The last few songs are goosebump worthy..."Pure For" and "Simple"

I got the DVD too. Not bad. Very weird. mostly videos, but a couple of live performances.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    the only time i heard them was when they opened for radiohead, pretty interesting stuff (2001)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06