Options

Does this confirm Ed supports Obama?

RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,607
edited March 2008 in The Porch
words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    looks that way.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    Cool.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,636
    Not neccesarily - he was a judge in 04 for the bash bush ad. Could be he is just heavily associated with moveon - looks like him, Moby and Russell Simmons the only judges back from the 04 ad contest.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    not necessarily,it could be he is involved because it's a "green" thing.

that's what i am hoping.

If not....ED WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU??!!

OBAMA IS A WAR MONGERING PIECE OF SHIT JUST LIKE McCAIN!!!!!!!!

maybe if you spent a little less time drifting out to sea and more time looking into the history of these douche-bags you wouldn't get duped into backing treason-es ball bags. he fucking voted to re-new the p.a.t.r.i.o.t. act,nothing is more UN-AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!

but you didn't participate in that fucking awful song so i will reserve my judgment for now.
  • Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    not necessarily,it could be he is involved because it's a "green" thing.

that's what i am hoping.

If not....ED WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU??!!

OBAMA IS A WAR MONGERING PIECE OF SHIT JUST LIKE McCAIN!!!!!!!!

maybe if you spent a little less time drifting out to sea and more time looking into the history of these douche-bags you wouldn't get duped into backing treason-es ball bags. he fucking voted to re-new the p.a.t.r.i.o.t. act,nothing is more UN-AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!

but you didn't participate in that fucking awful song so i will reserve my judgment for now.

Right on. This is moving towards A Moving Train but yeah, I don't see how Eddie could align himself with someone who backed the Patriot Act, and hasn't expressed any desire to end the endless war past rhetoric.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    It kind of scares me that so many of you are concerned about who the band supports in this election.

Make you own decision based on your research and knowledge of the candidates and their platforms - not what Ben Affleck, Eddie Vedder or Jesus Christ for that matter, thinks.
  • Options
    dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    i don't really support obama much, but just to be factual about the whole thing:

http://obama.senate.gov/speech/060216-floor_statement_2/

sounds like a politician to me.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    No, he is a Hillary die-hard fan and he will do his best to pick the worst ad of all.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    It kind of scares me that so many of you are concerned about who the band supports in this election.

Make you own decision based on your research and knowledge of the candidates and their platforms - not what Ben Affleck, Eddie Vedder or Jesus Christ for that matter, thinks.

I was just about to post something similar to this. I'd rather the band not tell us who they support because I feel too many of you here will vote for that candidate based solely on that. There are too many worshipers here. Do some research and make a decision for yourself.
  • Options

Jesus wouldn't ask you to vote for a corrupt piece of shit.also i don't base my opinon on who or what Ed backs,it's just..you hate to see a good friend making bad decisions.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Jesus wouldn't ask you to vote for a corrupt piece of shit.also i don't base my opinon on who or what Ed backs,it's just..you hate to see a good friend making bad decisions.

But he isn't your friend
  • Options
    hailhail82 wrote:
    Right on. This is moving towards A Moving Train but yeah, I don't see how Eddie could align himself with someone who backed the Patriot Act, and hasn't expressed any desire to end the endless war past rhetoric.

Other then not voting for said war in the first place. Its not his fault that we got into this mess but if we just abandon Iraq it will collapse into violence which will make us look even worse for leaving.

The fact is he has said his plan is redeploy troops in Afghanistan and other places where Al Queda is more prevalent because they were the ones who actually attacked us on 9/11.

I think its cool Ed and the boys are supporting the candidate that I have supported since his speech four years ago at the Democrat Convention.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    RiotAct10 wrote:

No... just someone who is supporting an organization which he believes in and is a part of (MoveOn).
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Awesome! Now I know who to vote for!!!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    I think an Obama benefit show at the Rose Garden before our primary in May will be in order.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Pearl Jam backing Nader...

enough said!
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    pjalive21 wrote:
    Pearl Jam backing Nader...

enough said!

i hope they wouldnt be so silly again! yes i said silly! i have no problem with a 3rd party canidate but nader runs to just run he isnt proving a point as he likes to believe!

ps- i really don't care who they support or don't suppoer in the end i just want a tour and new album!!
  • Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    homeratbat wrote:
    i hope they wouldnt be so silly again! yes i said silly! i have no problem with a 3rd party canidate but nader runs to just run he isnt proving a point as he likes to believe!

ps- i really don't care who they support or don't suppoer in the end i just want a tour and new album!!

Apparently you do have a problem with a 3rd party candidates. It's not hard to find Nader's "point", just read his website.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    jamIamjamIam Posts: 2
    I'm not totally convinced that Ed is supporting Obama but.. it's not hard to imagine. He has my vote if he is the nominee. I tell ya though if somehow Hillary ends up his running mate (to many the so called "dream ticket" (yuck!) that vote will be much harder to cast. It's early still.
    On December 4, 2001, Bush was asked: "How did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack?" Bush replied, "I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower - the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident. But I was whisked off there, I didn't have much time to think about it." [White House, 12/4/01]
    *This is the seventh different account of how Bush learned about the first crash
  • Options
    I was just about to post something similar to this. I'd rather the band not tell us who they support because I feel too many of you here will vote for that candidate based solely on that. There are too many worshipers here. Do some research and make a decision for yourself.

I second that. There are too many people out there who are followers. I am not saying everyone on here, but there are a fair share on here.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    I second that. There are too many people out there who are followers. I am not saying everyone on here, but there are a fair share on here.

Lets face facts... people generally come on here because they are hard core Pearl Jam fans, and with being a hard core fan often comes a sense of adulation. When that is the case, people tend to want to do what their "idols" do, whether it be drive the same car, drink the same soft drink or wine, or wear the same clothes. That is why we have celebrities and role models doing ads for so many products. It also means getting behind things that the "idol" gets behind, whether it be a candidate, a social issue or a charitable cause.

Having said that, there are always going to be those that are only slightly influenced by the objects of their affection. I know there are many reading this that will say "yeah, but that's not me! I liked _________ just because I always thought it was right, cool, hip or whatever." At that end of the day, many of us are influenced (even if subliminally) by those that we admire, and that will never change.

I agree that we should all do our research and make informed decisions, not sheep-like decisions that our role models or idols make. If we factor that into the equation, let it serve as just that... a piece of the puzzle.

Okay, I am stepping down now. Anyone else want to get on this soapbox before I put it away?
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    i thought ed supported McCain..
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    But he isn't your friend

of course he is!

he is an old,dear friend (he just doesn't know it yet) :)
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    But he isn't your friend
    OH REALLY, NO WAY?????????????????????????????????????

Christ, not everyone follows what the band does. It's just interesting to see who the band is supporting since you have a great amount of respect for them. And it's upsetting when you see someone who has such respect support someone that you think is a piece of shit candidate.
  • Options
    OH REALLY, NO WAY?????????????????????????????????????

Christ, not everyone follows what the band does. It's just interesting to see who the band is supporting since you have a great amount of respect for them. And it's upsetting when you see someone who has such respect support someone that you think is a piece of shit candidate.

percisly!!!!!!!!!!