set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Goddesses would be correct. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    ive found a lot of people say they were the worst opening band for pj and they dont get a lot of love...i love them, myself. was lucky enough to see them in portland open for PJ. her voice is unbelievable on the woods album...i have it on vinyl and the d-side is silkscreened its pretty cool.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • PHATJPHATJ Posts: 348
    Not a fan.
    "I'll Ride the wave where it takes me. I'll Hold the pain. RELEASE ME!"

ive found a lot of people say they were the worst opening band for pj and they dont get a lot of love...i love them, myself. was lucky enough to see them in portland open for PJ. her voice is unbelievable on the woods album...i have it on vinyl and the d-side is silkscreened its pretty cool.
    Saw them open for PJ twice........the real treat, however, was seeing them headline a show on "The Woods" tour.....fantastic!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I saw them when they were on tour for The Woods, they were mind blowing. I didn't think they were going to be that good, but they were. Great show. It sucks they are going their separate ways after all these years.
    Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen....... Learn to forget....... fingers weive quick minarets speak in secret alphabet.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Only just got into SK. One beat and the woods are both really good albums. Bit of a shitter they just split up!
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Gods? No.
    Great band? Yes.
  • ...i have it on vinyl and the d-side is silkscreened its pretty cool.

I just found the same lp last week at a used record store. It was factory sealed, but I couldn't help myself and had to open it. Good stuff.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • I'm not much of a fan, either...
  • If God singing sounds like nails on a chalk board...then yes, yes they are. ;)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    bovy_j wrote:
    Gods? No.
    Great band? Yes.

i dunno, if you've ever seen dogma where they say god's voice is so shrill it will make your head explode, then yeah, s-k are gods. *shudders*
    mole1985 wrote:
    Only just got into SK. One beat and the woods are both really good albums. Bit of a shitter they just split up!
    You have to check out "Dig Me Out".......my fave of the S~K albums.
  • If Sleatter Kinney is god...

then I want to go to hell.
  • Fuck the haters. S-K was a fucking amazing band.
  • Fuck the haters. S-K was a fucking amazing band.

I just got a flashback of that "singer" ruining 'Hunger Strike' for me back in 2003. :eek:
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • I just got a flashback of that "singer" ruining 'Hunger Strike' for me back in 2003. :eek:

The song wasn't suited for Corin, and I'm not still sure why Eddie and her sang it together. Sleater-Kinney, on the other hand, rock the fuck out, and all their albums are great.
  • I just got a flashback of that "singer" ruining 'Hunger Strike' for me back in 2003. :eek:

She did a better job than that loser from Wolfmother
  • I'm a huge Sleater-Kinney fan... but they do seem to be one of those "love 'em or hate 'em" bands. I love Corin's voice but a lot of people just can't seem to stand it.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I just got a flashback of that "singer" ruining 'Hunger Strike' for me back in 2003. :eek:

She did a better job than Chris Cornell on that Santa Barbara benefit on 2003.

Sleater-Kinney is a fanstastic band.
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Have they split up? They played the Oran Mor in Glasgow just prior to me actually getting into them then someone told me they were finished! Got two of their albums which i really like.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • i love them.

been listening to The Woods a lot lately.

i want to implant my demon seed in Corin Tucker in the worst way.
  • I have to say that S-K is pretty fucking good. The girls write killer riffs, loud guitar-heavy songs,...the drums sound great.

The Woods is phenomenal.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • i want to implant my demon seed in Corin Tucker in the worst way.

Hey. Don't talk about my girl like that.
  • i never cared for them. saw them open for pj, listened with an open mind... just didn't get it... but that's just me.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
    i want to implant my demon seed in Corin Tucker in the worst way.
    :D:D:D
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    The song wasn't suited for Corin, and I'm not still sure why Eddie and her sang it together. Sleater-Kinney, on the other hand, rock the fuck out, and all their albums are great.

i will admit that a lot of duets i've heard with ed sound bad. he sounded good paired with the guy from kings of leon and with victoria williams back in the day. but him and corin are a bad combo. i feel the same way about him and ben harper, even though i like ben. some people just don't complement ed very well.
  • I'm a sucker for chicks who rawk

They always get to me
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • i want to implant my demon seed in Corin Tucker in the worst way.

haha...

can't blame ya there
  • Corin is the coolest chick ever, BTW.
    Corin is the coolest chick ever, BTW.
    You the Man!!!!!!!! I would have been melted by the hotness that is Corin.