patti smith

deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
edited October 2007 in Other Music
i really like this music she makes i wonder why she took so much time off in between that one album and the other
set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    She was having a family. Then her husband died (Fred Sonic Smith). Now her kids are older and its easier to tour again. I love this woman with all my heart. I saw her first in 1978.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    I saw her twice this year and those shows are the top shows I saw this year. fact
  • Patti Smith has always had my admiration as a woman of great, humble spirit and as an artist who has never failed to offer her audience much joy, beauty and truth in all her work.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Told ya! ;)

I have to confess, I only have Easter. I should look into her more because she has my complete respect!
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    JaneNY wrote:
    She was having a family. Then her husband died (Fred Sonic Smith). Now her kids are older and its easier to tour again. I love this woman with all my heart. I saw her first in 1978.
    You're the only person I've ever come across who sounds as though you adore her as much as I do :) I can't understand how anyone could not love her work ... the music, the poetry, everything.

Horses was the first album that truly changed my life. I think it was on my turntable for about 6 straight months when I was 13 ... I thought she was so amazing, I'd never seen or heard a woman anything like that before. She was probably the first woman I saw who wasn't trying to please anyone, she was just being Patti, which was a truly revolutionary concept for a suburban 13 year old girl in the 70s.

Along with PJ and Bob Dylan, she's one of the three artists that I can't go very long without listening to. In addition to continually making great music, I've always been inspired by all three of them.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • She played in Cambridge the other night, but I missed her.
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    She played in Cambridge the other night, but I missed her.
    That's tragic, I'm so sorry :(

She didn't come to Cleveland on her U.S. tour this year, and I wasn't up to a trip to Pittsburgh, so I missed her too.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    I saw her in a cathedral in Montreal, how lucky do you think I feel? It was amazing.
  • Her voice kind of sounds like crap, but I love her lyrics.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    She is opening for the Black Crowes, for their big halloween shows.

http://blackcrowes.com/
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    hippiemom wrote:
    You're the only person I've ever come across who sounds as though you adore her as much as I do :)

I do - I used to sit off in the corner on the floor away from everyone reading her poetry.....everyone else was listening to that disco and air supply shit. Just saw her this summer at Lolla and was on the rail for it. We were in the rain. It was amazing. I cried. Patti's the one person I can get a little fangirl about.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Anyone going to the Bowery Ballroom shows 12/29-12/31? I"m trying to decide whether to try for the 29th or go for New Years Eve.