Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    better days is one of the greatest songs of all time
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • usernameusername Posts: 48
    Good to see some love for the Jayhawks. I don't think they have a bad song.
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    Hollywood Town Hall is one of my favorite records of all time.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Hollywood Town Hall and Tomorrow the Green Grass are both great albums. They lost something when Mark walked away, although Sound of Lies was still pretty edgy. Glad to see Gary is touring with Mark again, although from the sound of things on the Jayhawks camp, they are on a definate hiatus.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • KellerKeller Posts: 177
    Which album should i start with? I have heard good things about this band.
    "Be what you want to be, see what you came to see"
  • usernameusername Posts: 48
    Keller wrote:
    Which album should i start with? I have heard good things about this band.

Depends on what type of music you gravitate towards. If you're not much of a country fan, don't start with Blue Earth. It has quite a bit of twang to it.

If you want more of a pop feel, I'd start with Smile. You'll recognize "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" from the radio.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I think I started with Rainy Day Music, then to Smile, Blue Earth, Tomorrow The Green Grass, then Hollywood Town Hall, and that worked great for me. No real reason for the order I went, other than that's the order they were available at the library so I could give them a listen.

Great band.