***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    dangerboy wrote:
    legit, except for the fact that all his hype and inside information fell through/and or was bullshit to start with. i still don't know what kind of "proof" he sent you, but his information stunk with me from the get-go, as it did with my sources who actually worked for the band
    Fell through from what he described....alas, shit happens. :)

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    What's the whole story with JTR? I'm curious now :)

Play the South
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:
    What's the whole story with JTR? I'm curious now :)

Play the South
    Fellow Southern PJ fan w/inside connection to band..proved his connection to band by sending me some "proof". The deal was that I would examine said proof and say whether I felt that he was above board or not. As part of this deal, I could not discuss or reveal the proof. I received the proof, examined it and declared that I felt the guy was legit. He was told that there might be some plans for us last year...then they apparently fell through because of $$$ issues.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    tybird wrote:
    Fellow Southern PJ fan w/inside connection to band..proved his connection to band by sending me some "proof". The deal was that I would examine said proof and say whether I felt that he was above board or not. As part of this deal, I could not discuss or reveal the proof. I received the proof, examined it and declared that I felt the guy was legit. He was told that there might be some plans for us last year...then they apparently fell through because of $$$ issues.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

he kept declaring that things would happen, swore he knew of specifics including even mentioning cities, giving deadlines, promising this and that and then never delivering

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:

PLAYTHESOUTH

Ah yes, JTR, the Almighty Stirrer of Shit, I remember him well ;)

Here's to the New Year guys, new hopes and dreams, out with the old, in with the new, etc, etc, and so on.....
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    don't get me wrong I am sure JTR had great connections and shit does happened.But alot of negativty went through this thread at the time.Which made me back away from this tread which I love and believe in.Yes it is a new year coming and with great hopes too.Let's just see what happens.Play the South!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    don't get me wrong I am sure JTR had great connections and shit does happened.But alot of negativty went through this thread at the time.Which made me back away from this tread which I love and believe in.Yes it is a new year coming and with great hopes too.Let's just see what happens.Play the South!!

ditto that. all of it...

i might have posted here twice (other than this week) in the last year

Keepin' the Faith..always great to see old faces

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    tybird wrote:
    Keepin' the Faith..always great to see old faces

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

can't say exactly why a spark of a glimmer of possibly renewed hope has entered my thoughts. maybe it was still seeing this thread on top after all this time....

Well, do we consider TN the south? I do. And I know that Bonnaroo will announce PJ as a headliner in late January- early February. I've got a great feeling about this one.

Play the South
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    I think the best of JTR... wanted to help us but the band let him down too.

As with every new year, comes new hope.

"Should old acquaintance be forgot,

and never brought to mind ?
    Should old acquaintance be forgot,
    and auld lang syne ?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
    for auld lang syne,
    we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.
    And surely you’ll get your pint mug !
    And surely I’ll get mine !
    And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.

We two have run about the hills,
    and pulled the daisies fine ;
    But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
    since auld lang syne.

We two have paddled in the stream,
    from morning sun till dine ;
    But seas between us broad have roared
    since auld lang syne.

And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
    And give us a hand o’ thine !
    And we’ll take a right good-friendly draught,
    for auld lang syne."

Playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    LukinFan wrote:
    Well, do we consider TN the south? I do. And I know that Bonnaroo will announce PJ as a headliner in late January- early February. I've got a great feeling about this one.

Play the South
    Not a festival fan....Tenn counts as the South, though. I would vote to keep the thread going until we get real shows in the South...not a festival date.

BTW, I have heard PJ, Led Zeppelin and Metallica as possible headliners for Bonnaroo.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    Yup, I believe TN is part of the South....

"Ma·son-Dix·on Line (msn-dksn)
    The boundary between Pennsylvania and Maryland, regarded as the division between free and slave states before the Civil War. It was established between 1763 and 1767 by the British surveyors Charles Mason (1730-1787) and Jeremiah Dixon (died 1777)."

And we should remain here until Pearl Jam does a tour of the south. a bonfide tour, not a co-headliner or a festival but a fucking tour. At least, I will.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    dangerboy wrote:
    ditto that. all of it...

i might have posted here twice (other than this week) in the last year

i dont come around here as much anymore as i used to, but haven't given up completely just yet.

good to see you again!
    SPALMA wrote:
    Yup, I believe TN is part of the South....

"Ma·son-Dix·on Line (msn-dksn)
    The boundary between Pennsylvania and Maryland, regarded as the division between free and slave states before the Civil War. It was established between 1763 and 1767 by the British surveyors Charles Mason (1730-1787) and Jeremiah Dixon (died 1777)."

And we should remain here until Pearl Jam does a tour of the south. a bonfide tour, not a co-headliner or a festival but a fucking tour. At least, I will.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    My thoughts, exactly. :D

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    Dollpartz wrote:
    i dont come around here as much anymore as i used to, but haven't given up completely just yet.

good to see you again!

here's hoping our fledgling optimism doesn't get crushed

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    I agree with everyone about Bonnaroo, but it's been so long since I've seen the boys, I really have no choice but to go to the festival. But I have a great feeling that they will do VFC again, and we all know that they have to come back to FL for at least one.

That brings up another question. Will the Vote For Change tour (if it includes the South) cause this thread to go bye-bye? I hope not. Posting on this thread has become a daily routine :)

Play the South
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan wrote:
    I agree with everyone about Bonnaroo, but it's been so long since I've seen the boys, I really have no choice but to go to the festival. But I have a great feeling that they will do VFC again, and we all know that they have to come back to FL for at least one.

That brings up another question. Will the Vote For Change tour (if it includes the South) cause this thread to go bye-bye? I hope not. Posting on this thread has become a daily routine :)

Play the South

Odd you should say that about posting here becoming a daily routine...I don't always get to post, but I do try to check in and see how and what everyone is doing...I think I'd miss you all if the thread went away...and maybe if there's been a silver lining to the whole thing, it's "meeting" all of you. We can always start a thanks for playing thread and keep up with each other that way. :) Not to mention the hundreds of plans we'd have to make to meet up!

Ty's not the festival fan, but I would kinda like to go to Tn....of course, I'm getting most of my info about possible headliners from an 18 year old girl, who is not-so-subtly dropping hints that she'd like to go (as in...hey, Mom...can a borrow a couple of hundred bucks).

Play the South!!!!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    daystar143 wrote:
    Odd you should say that about posting here becoming a daily routine...I don't always get to post, but I do try to check in and see how and what everyone is doing...I think I'd miss you all if the thread went away...and maybe if there's been a silver lining to the whole thing, it's "meeting" all of you. We can always start a thanks for playing thread and keep up with each other that way. :) Not to mention the hundreds of plans we'd have to make to meet up!

Ty's not the festival fan, but I would kinda like to go to Tn....of course, I'm getting most of my info about possible headliners from an 18 year old girl, who is not-so-subtly dropping hints that she'd like to go (as in...hey, Mom...can a borrow a couple of hundred bucks).

Play the South!!!!
    If it does happen, A "Thank You" thread is a must. Great idea!

Play the South
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:

Play the South

a VFC-style tour would not end this thread. one show in asheville is not a tour of the south, or the south being "included in a tour".

ps it won't be VFC, because that was vote for change, and change is a given this time. these will be out and out democratic party fundraisers or directly in support of hillary or obama or whoever it happens to be

dangerboy wrote:
    a VFC-style tour would not end this thread. one show in asheville is not a tour of the south, or the south being "included in a tour".

ps it won't be VFC, because that was vote for change, and change is a given this time. these will be out and out democratic party fundraisers or directly in support of hillary or obama or whoever it happens to be
    Won't toss any $$$ in Billary Clinton's direction. :p ...nor votes.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    tybird wrote:

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

i, the pearl jam swami, predict that they will attempt to extort our votes by threatening to not tour here unless we go blue this time. you heard it here first....

tybird wrote:

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
    Agreed!

Play the South
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

tybird wrote:

thank you.

And a VFC show is not a tour nor will it kill this thread.

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • ANNOUNCE THE SOUTH! ptfs!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    PLAYTHESOUTH

PTS
    PTS
    PTS
    PTS

P
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    !
    !

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S

P
    T
    S
  • My first time ever to say:

PLAY THE SOUTH PLEASE!

Charlotte, NC many times
    Charleston, SC
    Atlanta, GA
    Greenville, SC
    Raliegh, NC
    Asheville, NC

Man, I miss seeing PJ regularly. Please come back and I'll vote Democrat this time!

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything. EV