Some more love from the South!
    DITTO

Please play 2 shows in Dallas!!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    ***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Damn! The VFC show in Kissimmee (sp) had to be one of the best crowds EVER for them. Plus, I do believe that Mr. Vedder met the mother of his daughter in WPB so YOU KNOW the South has some significance for the guys. Here's my request for the end of '06 - start of '07:

VA Beach
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Birmingham
    Tampa
    Estero, Florida :)
    West Palm Beach
    and Bush's Ranch in Texas........along with 30,000 PJ fans with arms raised!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    BUMP

Damn! The VFC show in Kissimmee (sp) had to be one of the best crowds EVER for them. Plus, I do believe that Mr. Vedder met the mother of his daughter in WPB so YOU KNOW the South has some significance for the guys. Here's my request for the end of '06 - start of '07:

VA Beach
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Birmingham
    Tampa
    Estero, Florida
    West Palm Beach
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    BUMP
    Oh, yeah and Dallas too.

VA Beach
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Birmingham
    Tampa
    Estero, Florida
    West Palm Beach
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Hate to see this thread fall back, so bump.

Also, the new album f'n rocks, got it today!
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    With gas at $3 now....can't afford to drive 6hrs to a show.....
    Here's to something close to GA
  • Options
    Do the Texas triangle. Houston, Dallas, Austin/SA. Maybe add New Orleans in their too.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump again
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    -- Austin . Texas --
  • Options
    Bump - c'mon we need to keep this going
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    TonyBTonyB Posts: 114
    Count me in, Memphis, Nashville TN or any other surrounding cities.
  • Options
    I personally just want to thank everyone for their involvement in creating this thread. It is going strong, and it shows our dedication to the love for the band's music and their amazing live shows. Thanks to the original poster as well as everyone on board that is keeping this thread active and strong. Thank you.

Here is another for Texas.
  • Options
    solat1973solat1973 Posts: 131
    weenie wrote:

VA Beach
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Birmingham
    Tampa
    Estero, Florida :)
    West Palm Beach

Best crowd ever, I take it you were not at randalls island night 2 in 96
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
  • Options
    mikepjvsmikepjvs Posts: 2
    Come to Florida , petition signed.
    Birmingham 9-03-98
    Atlanta 8-07-00
    Camden 5-27-06
    Chicago 8-05-07
    Pensacola Beach 9-22-12
    Dallas 11-15-13
  • Options
    simcolesimcole Posts: 7
    Atlanta
    Charlotte
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Birmingham
    Charleston
    Tampa
    Orlando

I'll be at every one of those shows if he plays there.

I was at the kissimee show as well... that crowd was AMAZING. Probably the best PJ show I've ever been to.
  • Options
    Please play Nashville (in my dream of dreams PJ dedicates three nights to playing The Ryman Auditorium, or "The Mother Church" as it's known locally)! But please play Nashville in the fall. I have every confidence the band will, cause they have every other tour. Last time they played in April and it rocked, of course. The time before that, though, they played on (no kidding) the hottest night of the year, and it was miserable! The band rocked, of course, and I wouldn't have missed it for anything, but it was a steambath. To quote Ed on that night: "A few degrees hotter and we'd be in hell."

So please come down south guys, but how 'bout we pencil it in for the fall, so we don't drown in the humid air.
    "Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up
    Leaving puddles on the ground"
  • Options
    Fuck it! I'm a yankee expressing support for the cause. Pearl Jam, please play the south. *signing petition*
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    Bump, bump, bump
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    I just can't stand to see this thread fall back. Bump.

I just asked my 5 year old if he wants the band to play the south. He said "no."

Needless to say, I'm cashing out his college savings tomorrow and buying tickets for northern shows and plane tickets. Give the little punk some perpective. :)
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Fuck it! I'm a yankee expressing support for the cause. Pearl Jam, please play the south. *signing petition*

Yay! More of you yankees need to do that and then you all can come down here for the winter! After all we're going up there for the summer shows.

Bump!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Yay! More of you yankees need to do that and then you all can come down here for the winter! After all we're going up there for the summer shows.

Bump!

I can only afford to go to my hometown show this year (Cleveland), but I am not a selfish fan.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    VA
    NC
    SC

I'm there
  • Options
    bump (10 characters)
  • Options
    please - play.

traveling to chi-town and nj, but "i want more!"
    "harvey lees, harvey lees - get out of my f*ing face"
  • Options
    Atlanta
    Charlotte
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Memphis

They can't miss all of these cities, can they?
  • Options
    therovertherover Posts: 88
    Please quit leaving out Raleigh people!!!! They can play the RBC Center if Walnut Creek is closed for the season.;)
  • Options
    Lets keep this thing going.
  • Options
    pjmamapjmama Posts: 2
    Please please play somewhere within a days drive of Memphis!
  • Options
    MikeVonMikeVon Posts: 24
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Merry Weather Post Pavilion
    Virginia Beach Ampitheatre
    Savannah
    Walnut Creek
    Ashville
    Columbia
    Jacksonville
    Whorlando
    Tampa
    Miami

There is a Ampitheatre here one hour form Myrtle Beach called the Carolina Ampitheatre. It is not in use, but I would be willing to cut the grass for free if you guys would come there. It hasn't been used in 2 years, but I believe with some cleaning up that place would rock. With a little fundage from someone this could be a great venue for future events and a spot for some good festivals and local bands to play. It is a 6 hour or less trip from these locations.

Atlanta
    Savannah
    Outer Banks
    Raliegh
    Columbia
    Charlotte
    Richmond
    Greenville
    Greensburough
    Roanoke
    Jacksonville

With those cities near by there should be no problems with filling up the theatre with the right promotion team.

If you guys come I promise to stand at the gates and educate those who sneak in that this is not creed, staind, nirvana, or what ever top 40 band kids are into these days..

It's in the 70's in South Carolinia in November.
    Hurricane season is still possible and some waves can be grabed on the east coast. Their just hard to find.
    Mike V

"Can't buy what you want because it's free"
    Corduroy
    Vitalogy

Choices are made, but only you can make them.
    You live life, but does it live for you?
    Facades pop up in this world everyday.
    Only you can decide to see through them or help put another brick in the wall.