***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    SPALMA wrote:
    Here is an easy-peasy-cuts-like-cheesy question. If I know it, then you will know it... and any bit of success would make me feel a little better... sitting here in the South, waiting...

In the lyrics of the song "Fatal" , the word fatal wa not the original word used. It was changed.... what WAS it? and why did they change it?".
    JTR wrote:
    THE ANSWER IS "PLATO". Ed thought it sounded too much like "PLAYDOUGH".

Yes, one of my FAVORITE PJ factoids.... (I would have gone with playdough)

the South abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    this sucks, I really wanted to here some news by now, atleast we got college ball today!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    "It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away"

Good morning Southern Jammers....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    SOON!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Another easy cheezy question that everybody knows:

What is Ed's favorite misunderstanding of a song's lyrics by a fellow bandmate. Please phrase in the form of a question. Thanks.
    Brian
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NCBRI wrote:
    Another easy cheezy question that everybody knows:

What is Ed's favorite misunderstanding of a song's lyrics by a fellow bandmate. Please phrase in the form of a question. Thanks.

what is "i want to rock and roll all nite, and part of every day" by creadles ;-)

play the south

didn't kat say we may hear something in the spring? isn't monday the first day of spring?

play the effen south
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    "I'm back........I'm back in the saddle again...."

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

saith the man who used to eat "Playdough" :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Dollpartz wrote:
    what is "i want to rock and roll all nite, and part of every day" by creadles ;-)

play the south

didn't kat say we may hear something in the spring? isn't monday the first day of spring?

play the effen south

Like I said...........EASY.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
    Dollpartz wrote:

When did she say that?

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Like I said...........EASY.
    Like Sunday morning???

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Like Sunday morning???

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Well played tybird, well played.

[size=+3]BUMP[/size]
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    When did she say that?

THE SOUTH ABIDES

if i remember correctly, and thats a big IF, somewhere in that Tweet, Tweet Update thread from January, but there are 57 pages of posts to look thru to find it. Sea started the thread, but she posted in it somewhere and i thought she mentioned something about spring time.
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Please play the South.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Originally Posted by Kat
    Gooood grief...it's called a teaser and it's a heads-up reminder for Ten Club members or those who want to be a member to have their eggs in a row and their ducks in the basket....

Or maybe it would be better to spring things on people and then see how that goes? It could be interesting................

xo

i pulled this off of the "Tweet Tweet Sweet Update" thread started back in January.

tomorrow i believe is the first day of Spring.

just another glimmer of hope for me to hang on to.

'i'll not lose my faith'
    NCBRI wrote:
    Well played tybird, well played.

[size=+3]BUMP[/size]
    Thank you...

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Originally Posted by Kat
    Gooood grief...it's called a teaser and it's a heads-up reminder for Ten Club members or those who want to be a member to have their eggs in a row and their ducks in the basket....

Or maybe it would be better to spring things on people and then see how that goes? It could be interesting................

xo

i pulled this off of the "Tweet Tweet Sweet Update" thread started back in January.

'i'll not lose my faith'

Ah. I remember that post. I never thought about the word spring having a little hidden meaning. You never know. You need the Rosetta Stone to figure out some of their posts (and JTR's ;) ). BTW, Spring starts Wed. the 21st.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Originally Posted by Kat

xo

'i'll not lose my faith'

interesting! my calander says spring starts tuesday the 20th! lol 3 conflicting days!

OR it could be EASTER....which is sunday april 8th. which would go more with JTR's last response. and longer for us to wait!

whenever the magical annnouncement....PLAY THE FUCKIN SOUTH ALREADY! :D
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
    tremorvoid wrote:
    interesting! my calander says spring starts tuesday the 20th! lol 3 conflicting days!

OR it could be EASTER....which is sunday april 8th. which would go more with JTR's last response. and longer for us to wait!

agreed.........:D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tremorvoid wrote:

Apparently the date for the first day of Spring has changed and will change in the future. I dont think all calendars are up to date. Found this article from last year that explains everything in depth. Now I am assuming its the 20th this year and will remain so until 2008 when part of the US will begin on the 19th.

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/050318_equinox.html

PLAY THE SOUTH
    no, seriously
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Ah. I remember that post. I never thought about the word spring having a little hidden meaning. You never know. You need the Rosetta Stone to figure out some of their posts (and JTR's ;) ). BTW, Spring starts Wed. the 21st.

THE SOUTH ABIDES

yes, and in the original post, the word spring is in bold text, which makes it even more mysterious eh?
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Lunchtime bump.Some News Please! Please and Thank You.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    sunday bump
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    Keeping pace bump

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Bump (lest they forget us)

the South abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    play the south
    Article from Friday's Triangle Business Journal:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2007/03/12/daily38.html?from_rss=1

[size=+1]Study ranks N.C. fourth most business-friendly state in U.S.[/size]

Triangle Business Journal - 2:04 PM EDT Friday, March 16, 2007

North Carolina is the fourth most business-friendly state in the country, according to a new study.

Virginia took the top spot in the study, done by Pollina Corporate Real Estate Inc., a site-relocation company. The results were based on 28 measurements including taxes, human resources, right-to-work legislation, energy costs and jobs lost or gained.

South Carolina ranked second, Florida third and Utah fifth. The study lists only the top 10 states.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    help the "booming" local economies
    Brian
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    NCBRI wrote:
    Article from Friday's Triangle Business Journal:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2007/03/12/daily38.html?from_rss=1

[size=+1]Study ranks N.C. fourth most business-friendly state in U.S.[/size]

Triangle Business Journal - 2:04 PM EDT Friday, March 16, 2007

North Carolina is the fourth most business-friendly state in the country, according to a new study.

Virginia took the top spot in the study, done by Pollina Corporate Real Estate Inc., a site-relocation company. The results were based on 28 measurements including taxes, human resources, right-to-work legislation, energy costs and jobs lost or gained.

South Carolina ranked second, Florida third and Utah fifth. The study lists only the top 10 states.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    help the "booming" local economies

Oh My God!! SC is ranked second in something that's actually good!!! Unlike second in teenage pregnancies, bad schools, etc., etc. That's great!

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007!!!

MAKE A TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT 10 C
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    SPALMA wrote:
    Bump (lest they forget us)

the South abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    We never forget..............:)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    pathorses wrote:
    Oh My God!! SC is ranked second in something that's actually good!!! Unlike second in teenage pregnancies, bad schools, etc., etc. That's great!

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007!!!

MAKE A TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT 10 C

I have relatives from 2 different sides of my family down in your neck of the woods. One in Irmo and the others in Elgin.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian