***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• second page save on a chilly friday morning.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    grjammer wrote:
    I've been following this thread closely for quite awhile now. I'm planning on traveling south for shows if they are announced and just wanted to wish all of you down there the best of luck. JTR, I belive man, it sounds like you have some solid information. I'm excited to hear this thing announced.

The more the merrier!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    "The list below is tentative and is updated weekly. Confirmed dates will start to roll out soon."

Teaser.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    another beautiful sunny day in central florida! Play the South soon before the smoldering heatwave is upon us!

and happy friday everybody!
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    JTR wrote:
    I understand. Posse like "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

If things don't work out just right by 3/1 then I will PM each of you my e-mail address that have been on this thread for the past two weeks. I will e-mail you the sustinence you need, but expect a decent round of drinks at the shows.

After reading the e-mails that I send you, please apologize also, thanks.

You know I believe! I believe! (waving both arms over my head)
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    Sounds wonderful...........some of you might have noticed a large influx of birds lately.......It appears to me that the northern winter storms of January & February has driven the migratory flocks of American Robins down south. They are everywhere here in Alabama, and it has been that way since January. The mildness of the early part of winter probably allowed them to stay north longer this year (as in there was food available). There are at least two distinct groups of American Robins, the ones that migrate north & south every year and the ones who live in the south year round.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

we have hoards of robins & cardinals in our yard this time of year. It is so nice.

Bump.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Well, if PJ won't come, at least the birds will. And they make some pretty nice music too....

~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~

SOON!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Friday everybody.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • I think PJ should take advantage of all the birds around and use them to move thier equipment. Now THAT would be lowering the carbon footprint :P
    weenie wrote:
    Well, if PJ won't come, at least the birds will. And they make some pretty nice music too....

~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~
    ~Play the South!~

SOON!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Friday everybody.
    The birds have and will come to the South...............in this calendar year, I have already seen 156 different species of birds in the wilds of Alabama and the panhandle of Florida. This is before the neo-tropical migrants have even hit these shores.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • PLAY THE SOUTH!!!

please.

soon.

ty.
    Walking is still honest
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    JTR wrote:
    "The list below is tentative and is updated weekly. Confirmed dates will start to roll out soon."

Teaser.

what list? can you pm it to me? I will give you a cookie
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Who do you think are some of the main members that have kept this thread going so long?the ones I can think of are:
    Me(stoneg)
    Tybird
    Dollpartz
    The Gossman
    Spalma
    weenie
    Flagg
    holleroxx

I know there are more please post more names.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • SwanSwan Posts: 350
    i don't think Pearl Jam should ever play the south again.
    I'm the only Hell Mama ever raised.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Miracle wrote:
    i don't think Pearl Jam should ever play the south again.
    lol,I hope you were joking.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Been a while so here's a bump!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    stoneg wrote:
    Who do you think are some of the main members that have kept this thread going so long?the ones I can think of are:
    Me(stoneg)
    Tybird
    Dollpartz
    The Gossman
    Spalma
    weenie
    Flagg
    holleroxx

I know there are more please post more names.
    Barkingdogs is the first one that came to mind. Leathermandi is another that came to mind. Makingwaves is yet another. Don't forget pathorses.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Originally Posted by JTR

Teaser.

"what list? can you pm it to me? I will give you a cookie"

He has no list. He copied and pasted that from an e-mail I received from Walnut Creek in Raleigh. He says that PJ has a date booked there this summer, but yesterday I received this e-mail from their management and I see no mention of PJ. Notice the last 2 sentences in the second paragraph:

Good morning Scott.

Thanks for your email inquiry. Listed below are our very best VIP Box & Season Ticket seating options available for the 2007 concert season. Click the following link to view all of these locations using our state-of-the-art virtual seating chart http://www.seats3d.com/theater/alltel_pavilion/.

We expect about 30 shows total. Our season starts in April and runs through October. The list below is tentative and is updated weekly. Confirmed dates will start to roll out soon.

Bruce Springsteen
    Janet Jackson
    Gwen Stefani / Akon
    Widespread Panic
    Alan Jackson / Brooks & Dunn
    Brad Paisley
    Toby Keith
    Dave Matthews Band
    Styx / Foreigner / Asia
    Family Values Tour – KORN
    Rascal Flatts
    Kenny Chesney (2 Shows)
    Stevie Nicks / Chris Isaac
    Kid Rock
    Allman Brothers Band
    Def Leppard / KISS
    Boston / REO Speedwagon
    RUSH
    OAR
    Chris Brown
    Bryan Adams / George Thorogood
    John Mayer
    Fall Out Boy
    Linkin Park / My Chemical Romance
    Evanescence
    Nickelback

A contract would have to be signed to hold seats and payments can be broken into multiple installments.

Locations are going fast. I’ll look forward to hearing from you

I sent that e-mail to him yesterday after I got it. I just want everyone to know that JTR has no info. Even if PJ happens to announce a tour by March 1st, it still doesn't mean he knows anything.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    bumpin it up!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    An article that has no info, but is about a promoter in the Nashville area looking to book a rock show and mentions PJ or a PJ like band as what they want:

http://www.decaturdaily.com:80/decaturdaily/news/070223/jam.shtml
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    An article that has no info, but is about a promoter in the Nashville area looking to book a rock show and mentions PJ or a PJ like band as what they want:

http://www.decaturdaily.com:80/decaturdaily/news/070223/jam.shtml

hey thats cool! keep hope alive!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Tybird, you are right about mockingbirds dive bombing cats. They used to go after my cats when I was growing up. You could hear them squawking away from inside the house and knew the cat was around.
    Brian
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Originally Posted by JTR

Teaser.

"what list? can you pm it to me? I will give you a cookie"

He has no list. He copied and pasted that from an e-mail I received from Walnut Creek in Raleigh. He says that PJ has a date booked there this summer, but yesterday I received this e-mail from their management and I see no mention of PJ. Notice the last 2 sentences in the second paragraph:

Good morning Scott.

Thanks for your email inquiry. Listed below are our very best VIP Box & Season Ticket seating options available for the 2007 concert season. Click the following link to view all of these locations using our state-of-the-art virtual seating chart http://www.seats3d.com/theater/alltel_pavilion/.

We expect about 30 shows total. Our season starts in April and runs through October. The list below is tentative and is updated weekly. Confirmed dates will start to roll out soon.

Bruce Springsteen
    Janet Jackson
    Gwen Stefani / Akon
    Widespread Panic
    Alan Jackson / Brooks & Dunn
    Brad Paisley
    Toby Keith
    Dave Matthews Band
    Styx / Foreigner / Asia
    Family Values Tour – KORN
    Rascal Flatts
    Kenny Chesney (2 Shows)
    Stevie Nicks / Chris Isaac
    Kid Rock
    Allman Brothers Band
    Def Leppard / KISS
    Boston / REO Speedwagon
    RUSH
    OAR
    Chris Brown
    Bryan Adams / George Thorogood
    John Mayer
    Fall Out Boy
    Linkin Park / My Chemical Romance
    Evanescence
    Nickelback

A contract would have to be signed to hold seats and payments can be broken into multiple installments.

Locations are going fast. I’ll look forward to hearing from you

I sent that e-mail to him yesterday after I got it. I just want everyone to know that JTR has no info. Even if PJ happens to announce a tour by March 1st, it still doesn't mean he knows anything.

well this is just great, WTF! Thanks for warning us man!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Took-some-time-off-to-get-married BUMP!
    NCBRI wrote:
    Tybird, you are right about mockingbirds dive bombing cats. They used to go after my cats when I was growing up. You could hear them squawking away from inside the house and knew the cat was around.
    Just missed a really cool picture of the neighbor's cat sitting on fence being dive bombed......the bird was too quick for me. The expression on the cat's face was priceless.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Took-some-time-off-to-get-married BUMP!
    Congrats........being married to the right person is a great thing.:D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Took-some-time-off-to-get-married BUMP!

Congratulations, welcome back!